View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 Rape: now women can bite back 

Post Rape: now women can bite back

The words of a rape victim - "If only I had teeth down there" - have inspired the design of a new anti-rape device.

Rapex - dubbed the 'rape trap' - is a product worn internally by women. The hollow inside is lined with rows of razor-sharp hooks, which are designed to latch on to a rapist's penis during penetration. They can only be removed by a doctor.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?storyID=2140

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:44 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:09 pm

Simply remove the product from your vagina and place in your dishwasher!

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:25 pm

You mean, call the doctor to remove the Rapex, then you can put it in the dishwasher.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:31 pm

how Jungian.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 pm
Profile YIM

...but, what if I wanna have sex?

^ that's an awesome quote, and will almost certainly be reappearing in some other context in the future. Watch for it!

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:53 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:16 pm

You mean, call the doctor to remove the Rapex, then you can put it in the dishwasher.

i thought they only needed a doctor to remove from the male... but, then couldn't a guy just pull it out before raping the girl?

and then alix's 'what if i wanted to have sex' holds true. seriously, what if i wanted to have sex?

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:32 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

This is just some sort of ridiculous chastity tool for women. No dice.

me likey sex

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:11 am

dentata.

how Jungian.

My thoughts exactly. At least it looks like it's ribbed for her, so you know, twice the fun, eh?

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
it's inserted and removed w/ an applicator, if you get poked by the teeth THEN you need a dr's help. while the idea is funny to us, and almost archaic, there is a complete rape epidemic in south africa and i believe this is a desperate attempt at prevention. the rapex is funny, but not really.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:11 pm

wow. just what some sicko wants to read. a topic about rape and women saying they want it. not funny at all.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:30 pm

wow. just what some sicko wants to read. a topic about rape and women saying they want it. not funny at all.

i'm sorry, but

WTF?

no one here said she wants to be raped.

read. comprehend. reply.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:39 pm
Profile YIM
[i think she meant that it's weird to talk about wanting to have sex in a topic about rape prevention, even if they're just being silly.]

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:09 pm

yeah, what she said. read. comprehend. dont reply.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

[i think she meant that it's weird to talk about wanting to have sex in a topic about rape prevention, even if they're just being silly.]

that's not what this sentence
Quote:
a topic about rape and women saying they want it.
says. at all.

And I don't thinkit takes a sentence diagram to prove it, but I can provide one, if you want.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:12 pm
Profile YIM

i wasn't arguing or trying to prove anyones statement wrong, just commenting on what i *thought* she meant. which is why i wrote "i think she meant." i guess i understood her reply differently than you and in the future if i feel i can expound on something i will remember not to.

just kidding i probably still will. :lol:

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:31 pm

a sentence diagram, no that would be too hard for me to understand. let me explain it this way.. if im reading it from the first post, then next says 'but what if i want to have sex". it could easily be misunderstood as 'but what if i want to have sax with the rapist' hence, the 'she wanted it' theory.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:53 pm
mzmelissa don't you know it's more fun to insult others here! especially when you can back it up w/ diagrams.

maybe we misunderstood the replies. in any case back on topic - i read that out of most women surveyed in s. africa they said they'd consider using this. i think it'd be sad to live in a society like that.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:07 pm

if you read the rest of the posts, it was confusion over whether or not a woman needs a doctor to remove the dentata. "what if I want to have sex" means "do i need to visit a doctor every time i want to get it on?". I mean, you think a late night walgreens run for prophylactics is a pain in the ass? The article itself is worded poorly, and it is confusing as to who needs to visit the doctor. it is the rapist, to have the dentata removed.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:08 pm
Profile YIM

a sentence diagram, no that would be too hard for me to understand. let me explain it this way.. if im reading it from the first post, then next says 'but what if i want to have sex". it could easily be misunderstood as 'but what if i want to have sax with the rapist' hence, the 'she wanted it' theory.

so not the point of the statement. not at all.

i fully understand the plight of rape going on in other countries. i understand how this device saves womens lives. i just am curious if it has to be removed by a doctor, what if you want to have sex with your spouse/SO when you are at home, and not outside of your home? then what? you have to have it removed every time? because it would seem that it isn't easy to remove yourself, otherwise, wouldn't a rapist start looking for such devices and simply just remove it himself?

sorry if it sounded like i was making light of it, i didn't mean it that way. i don't at all think rape is a funny subject.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
hi s. as i wrote above, the device is actually inserted and removed w/ an applicator. like a tampon. only a dr. can remove the spikes from the rapist, that's where the dr's help comes in.

we all just misunderstood on different levels, everyones responses. but anyway, i thought this would be a serious discussion when i opened the thread and it seemed to be the opposite so that's where my replies came from. [not saying anything about you.] i read about this device when it was first being invented, a few years ago and i was just shocked at the need for it or for the statistics behind it.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Well, honestly, the concept that rape is only a major issue in other countries is rather daunting to me. The statistics here are bad enough, considering that the majority of rape's are not reported.

Personally, I'd rather let the guy get close and then stab him in the back. I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more comfortable than the above mentioned device.

To let the point be made clear, I PERSONALLY, would never make light of rape. If you are confused by something I type please ask about it before making assumptions about me.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:30 pm

hi s. as i wrote above, the device is actually inserted and removed w/ an applicator. like a tampon. only a dr. can remove the spikes from the rapist, that's where the dr's help comes in.

we all just misunderstood on different levels, everyones responses. but anyway, i thought this would be a serious discussion when i opened the thread and it seemed to be the opposite so that's where my replies came from. [not saying anything about you.] i read about this device when it was first being invented, a few years ago and i was just shocked at the need for it or for the statistics behind it.

so if it can easily be inserted and removed by an applicator, don't you think that the rapists would become wise to that and obtain their own applicator to remove it before they rape the person? it just seems flawed in that aspect.

yes, definitely the stats behind the need for it are shocking.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

so if it can easily be inserted and removed by an applicator, don't you think that the rapists would become wise to that and obtain their own applicator to remove it before they rape the person? it just seems flawed in that aspect.

That is an admitted flaw, but when you live in the rape capital of the world, something is better than nothing.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

eiregirl wrote:

That is an admitted flaw, but when you live in the rape capital of the world, something is better than nothing.

yes, true.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I would imagine a squirming, biting, kicking, screaming woman would make it kind of hard to insert an applicator and drag the device out. Like, if he's focused on that, he's not covering her mouth or holding her wrists... So, yes, actually, it WOULD make it harder for rapists, in the long run... Until they grow an extra arm or start making rape a team sport.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 pm

It is not very likely that a guy is going to be carrying an aplicator around, looking for girls to rape
I'm not saying that it doesn't happen
I'm just saying most rapists are not the sneaky ones popping out of vans wearing stocking caps
They're mostly fuckass guys who have no regard for the person they are victimizing
Drunk frat boys don't carry around applicators

As much as I like the thought of a rapist having his penis mutilated, I just gotta ask a devil's advocate type question
What are the legal ramifications of using such a device?
For instance, if you set up a shotgun triggered to the door and a burglar sets of the booby trap, you are committing a crime
Is this not the same thing?

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:15 am
Profile WWW

It is not very likely that a guy is going to be carrying an aplicator around, looking for girls to rape
I'm not saying that it doesn't happen
I'm just saying most rapists are not the sneaky ones popping out of vans wearing stocking caps
They're mostly fuckass guys who have no regard for the person they are victimizing
Drunk frat boys don't carry around applicators

As much as I like the thought of a rapist having his penis mutilated, I just gotta ask a devil's advocate type question
What are the legal ramifications of using such a device?
For instance, if you set up a shotgun triggered to the door and a burglar sets of the booby trap, you are committing a crime
Is this not the same thing?

keep in mind that these things are mostly used in third world countries, where the rape stats are super high. where women have the very likely chance of being raped walking to the store. in broad daylight.

i don't think it is okay to stereotype a rapist. anyone could be a rapist. there are people who do plan it out and sneak around stalking people waiting, and there are drunken dumbasses. there are also jerks that do it to prove something to their jackass friends.

and while i too highly doubt a guy would be carrying around an applicator, it was just a question to pose. also, gang rape does indeed happen. more than you would think.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
there's a lot of debate about the device, the morality of it. probably why it will never make it to the US anyway. could a woman "set up" a man? could this be used in vengeance? etc.

"For instance, if you set up a shotgun triggered to the door and a burglar sets of the booby trap, you are committing a crime
Is this not the same thing?"

good question worth debating. [i think] laws on self defense are probably different between property crime vs. violent crime though. at least in the US, if you feel that you are under direct physical harm self defense is legal. lethal self defense isn't even a crime if your life is in danger. in either case i wouldn't care if i committed a crime while saving myself from being raped, or from getting HIV or something. you know?

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:20 am

... Until they grow an extra arm or start making rape a team sport.

Unfortunately, that will probably become the norm if use of this device becomes prevalent. Rape becomes gang rape and the assailant who draws the short straw has to go first (or has to dig around with a pair of pliers and pull out the vagina dentata device before it take a bite out of Big Jim and the twins). Honestly, I think the applicator might make it more comfortable for the woman to remove, but I doubt the assailant(s) will care about that. I'm sure a needle-nose pliers will suffice.

This is not an arms race that I want to see escalated.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

Luno: I honestly don't think rapists in the African countries where this is being promoted are going to go through the trouble of organizing.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]