View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:23 pm



Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 From the dead... 
Author Message

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post From the dead...
I never thought that 6 years after my last post that I'd still find my login active.

Hey to the old ones and the noobs.

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 3269
Post Re: From the dead...
Long time.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 3157
Post Re: From the dead...
Yo!

_________________
And over the ashes the stories are told
Of witches and werewolves and Oak Island gold


Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 4916
Location: S St Paul
Post Re: From the dead...
No sh1t??? Welcome back, man!

(And you probably missed the announcement that we're all wearing WHITE now. Just to get you caught-up)


Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1981 7:00 pm
Posts: 1377
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: From the dead...
And we smell better than we used to.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:52 pm
Posts: 3442
Location: minneapolis
Post Re: From the dead...
whoa, long pig!

_________________
thosquanta: the band!
http://www.thosquanta.com


Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
rskm1 wrote:
(And you probably missed the announcement that we're all wearing WHITE now. Just to get you caught-up)


damn... and here I am still in black

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
skywayman wrote:
And we smell better than we used to.


Then we must have swapped on some cosmic-olefactory level.

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1768
Location: Twin Cities
Post Re: From the dead...
When are we going to do fun stuff like we used to? You know, back in The Day?

~€ther~

_________________
regards,

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~



_______________________________________________________
____________________
[color=#FFFF00]________
€₸╠╣≡Ɽ
commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist


BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign


Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
Ether wrote:
When are we going to do fun stuff like we used to? You know, back in The Day?

~€ther~


Sorry, Big E. In an effort to justify locking myself in my "studio"* a few hours a day, I have been quite the homebody.

In addition, I'm now rearing 2 wonderful little kids to be deeply-spiritual kickboxers... or something like that.

*note: "Studio" is being used loosely until I build a proper desk, set up my monitors to replace my headphones, and make a buck doing it.

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:40 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am
Posts: 407
Location: atop unknown Kadath, seeking the Ultimate Gate
Post Re: From the dead...
i was just reading old threads with you in them the last couple of days...
welcome back!

don't feel bad about not knowing me. nobody else does either.


Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 5056
Post Re: From the dead...
Who the hell are all you people anyway?!


Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
seasonfire wrote:
i was just reading old threads with you in them the last couple of days...
welcome back!

don't feel bad about not knowing me. nobody else does either.


yes. I may have posted a few times. A few times too many, perhaps.

good to meet you.

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
devil wrote:
Who the hell are all you people anyway?!


some kind of hybridization of a misanthropist's nightmare and a social butterfly's night terrors

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am
Posts: 407
Location: atop unknown Kadath, seeking the Ultimate Gate
Post Re: From the dead...
devil wrote:
Who the hell are all you people anyway?!


you can see them too? i thought i was the only one.


Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1768
Location: Twin Cities
Post Re: From the dead...
Long Pig wrote:
Sorry, Big E. In an effort to justify locking myself in my "studio"* a few hours a day, I have been quite the homebody.

In addition, I'm now rearing 2 wonderful little kids to be deeply-spiritual kickboxers... or something like that.


How's that going for you? What is it you plan to do with this studio? Are you still writing/recording, or are you interested in recording other people? Do these constant questions come across as prying?

I've heard children are useful for a variety of purposes, though I've never owned any. I understand their small fingers are good for assembling electronics and making shoes, but beyond that I know very about children. I can't stand the sound of them singing... at any rate, I wish you the best with them and I bet it's great to always have new shoes.

~€~

_________________
regards,

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~



_______________________________________________________
____________________
[color=#FFFF00]________
€₸╠╣≡Ɽ
commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist


BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign


Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 4916
Location: S St Paul
Post Re: From the dead...
Ether wrote:
I've heard children are useful for a variety of purposes, though I've never owned any. I understand their small fingers are good for assembling electronics and making shoes, but beyond that I know very about children.
Just remember "Women and children first", when you're on a boat.
I think that's the rule about what to eat if you run out of food on a boat, or something like that.


Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1768
Location: Twin Cities
Post Re: From the dead...
Yeah... I think you're right about that... that kinda rings a bell, and it sounds reasonable.

~€~

_________________
regards,

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~



_______________________________________________________
____________________
[color=#FFFF00]________
€₸╠╣≡Ɽ
commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist


BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign


Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
Ether wrote:
Long Pig wrote:
Sorry, Big E. In an effort to justify locking myself in my "studio"* a few hours a day, I have been quite the homebody.

In addition, I'm now rearing 2 wonderful little kids to be deeply-spiritual kickboxers... or something like that.


How's that going for you? What is it you plan to do with this studio? Are you still writing/recording, or are you interested in recording other people? Do these constant questions come across as prying?


Everything is rather smooth, aside from pain from a car accident.

The studio is really just for me. I'm not being greedy about as I am willing to help people out with post production, but it's really not going to be about having a crew of musicians hanging around an already chaotic house.

I've been doing some writing/recording, and I've put up some here.

These particular questions seem less like prying, because I know you. The worst questioning was when I was in a local gov't center last year reading Computer Music and the guy next to me was insistant that I should either disclose what I play, or I'm an asshole for not joining his band.

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:00 pm
Posts: 1768
Location: Twin Cities
Post Re: From the dead...
Long Pig wrote:
[The worst questioning was when I was in a local gov't center last year reading Computer Music and the guy next to me was insistant that I should either disclose what I play, or I'm an asshole for not joining his band.



He sounds like the asshole to me. Everybody knows that when you see a dude reading Computer Music, you back away slowly so as not to disturb him and give him a wide berth.

So... you stabbed him in the throat I assume?

~€~

_________________
regards,

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~



_______________________________________________________
____________________
[color=#FFFF00]________
€₸╠╣≡Ɽ
commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist


BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign


Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am
Posts: 407
Location: atop unknown Kadath, seeking the Ultimate Gate
Post Re: From the dead...
Ether wrote:
Long Pig wrote:
[The worst questioning was when I was in a local gov't center last year reading Computer Music and the guy next to me was insistant that I should either disclose what I play, or I'm an asshole for not joining his band.



He sounds like the asshole to me. Everybody knows that when you see a dude reading Computer Music, you back away slowly so as not to disturb him and give him a wide berth.

So... you stabbed him in the throat I assume?

~€~


yeah, and then you whisper into his ear "i play humanity"...


Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 10:54 am
Posts: 1273
Location: Minne-Hopeless
Post Re: From the dead...
seasonfire wrote:
He sounds like the asshole to me. Everybody knows that when you see a dude reading Computer Music, you back away slowly so as not to disturb him and give him a wide berth.

So... you stabbed him in the throat I assume?

~€~


yeah, and then you whisper into his ear "i play humanity"...[/quote]

Would've made a great ad for the mag, but I just made him more pissed off when I laughed and told him that I'm really a total hack.

_________________
I've shed the baggage of years in hell. Now, I breathe. I am home.


Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.