View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Closet Goth Ready To Break Out 

Post Closet Goth Ready To Break Out
Howdy ya'll,
So I'd like to say I'm a CorpGoth, but I don't even dress in the style. I love a style of music that I don't even know how to classify. I used to just say I'm a raver, but over the years I've come to learn that there's nothing like mixing industrial kill yourself music with some techno beats. Work in an office, but for the first time I'm trying to bring my musical interest into my life.

It's been a few years in the making, but I had to start somewhere. My most recent playlist was the real catalist though. Figure ya'll might like this just as much as me judging from the concerts listed in the other discussions. Peace out from Minneapolis yo

Sites: DJ DHex on Last.fm
Official DJ DHex Fan Page:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Closet Goth Ready To Break Out
Welcome to DTC!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:34 pm

DJ DHex wrote:
I used to just say I'm a raver, but over the years I've come to learn that there's nothing like mixing industrial kill yourself music with some techno beats.
And thus was born Emo.

:wink: Har, just funnin' ya, welcome to DTC!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:16 pm

rskm1 wrote:
And thus was born Emo

Haha, pretty much. I had to try really hard not to just say it myself.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW

not to pedanticly quibble semantics "but for the first time I'm trying to bring my musical interest into my life"
? :wink: Is it just me or does this statement seem a little odd?... playlists are two years old at least.
[quote=deejay Deeheques] Bands:
Agonize - And One - Angelspit - Apoptygma Berzerk - Asphyxia - Assemblage 23 - Ayria - Blaqk Audio - BlutEngel - Celldweller - Colony 5 - CombiChrist - Covenant - Cruxshadows - Dangerous Muse - Deadstar Assembly - Decoded Feedback - Depeche Mode - Destroid - DeVision - Die Sektor - Din A Tod - Diorama - Dismantled - Distorted Memory - DJ Antoine - DJ Ozi - Dope Stars Inc - Dulce Liquido - E-Craft - Front 242 - Front Line Assembly - Frozen Plasma - Fuji - Funker Vogt - Glis - God Module - Grendel - Haujobb - Heimataerde - Hocico - Hyper Crush -Icon of Coil - Imperative Reaction - Implant - In Strict Confidence - Infected Mushroom - Inure - Iscintilla - Jesus on Extasy - KMFDM - Massiv in Mensch - Millionaires - Mind in a Box - Mindless Faith - Nebula-H - Negative Format - Neuroticfish - Numb - ohGr - ohGr - Orbital - Panzer AG - Plastic Noise Experience - Psyclon Nine - Rabia Sorda - Razed In Black - Rotersand - Run Level Zero - Saydie - Seabound - Simplyd4rk - Solitary Experiments - Stromkern - Suicide Commando - Swollen Members - Tactical Sekt - Tamtrum - Tanzwut - Terminal Choice - The Azoic - The Birthday Massacre - The Cruxshadows - The Retrosic - Unheilig - Unter Null - Velvet Acid Christ - Violent Diva - Virtual Embrace - VNV Nation - Wumpscut - X-Fusion - Zombie Girl [/quote]

"for the first time" eh?

(Suprized you don't list the other Klayton Scott projects... good stuff.
Recommend: Think Tank. rabit junk... the early stuff... ATR, Pendulum, Techno Animal,
benga and hatcha.)

aaaaany way that bit of hazing out of the way
Willkommen auf dunklen Partnerstädte
Startseite der Absperr-Ins und Egomanen gleichermaßen. ach ja, und viel zu viele Menschen Musik.
Ich bekomme auch zu sagen hallo zu Teufel, weil er vollkommen in dieser Lesart.
Pieces.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:25 pm
Profile WWW

Just ignore Booty. Welcome to DTC.

boot wrote:
not to pedanticly quibble semantics "but for the first time I'm trying to bring my musical interest into my life"
? :wink: Is it just me or does this statement seem a little odd?... playlists are two years old at least.
[quote=deejay Deeheques] Bands:
Agonize - And One - Angelspit - Apoptygma Berzerk - Asphyxia - Assemblage 23 - Ayria - Blaqk Audio - BlutEngel - Celldweller - Colony 5 - CombiChrist - Covenant - Cruxshadows - Dangerous Muse - Deadstar Assembly - Decoded Feedback - Depeche Mode - Destroid - DeVision - Die Sektor - Din A Tod - Diorama - Dismantled - Distorted Memory - DJ Antoine - DJ Ozi - Dope Stars Inc - Dulce Liquido - E-Craft - Front 242 - Front Line Assembly - Frozen Plasma - Fuji - Funker Vogt - Glis - God Module - Grendel - Haujobb - Heimataerde - Hocico - Hyper Crush -Icon of Coil - Imperative Reaction - Implant - In Strict Confidence - Infected Mushroom - Inure - Iscintilla - Jesus on Extasy - KMFDM - Massiv in Mensch - Millionaires - Mind in a Box - Mindless Faith - Nebula-H - Negative Format - Neuroticfish - Numb - ohGr - ohGr - Orbital - Panzer AG - Plastic Noise Experience - Psyclon Nine - Rabia Sorda - Razed In Black - Rotersand - Run Level Zero - Saydie - Seabound - Simplyd4rk - Solitary Experiments - Stromkern - Suicide Commando - Swollen Members - Tactical Sekt - Tamtrum - Tanzwut - Terminal Choice - The Azoic - The Birthday Massacre - The Cruxshadows - The Retrosic - Unheilig - Unter Null - Velvet Acid Christ - Violent Diva - Virtual Embrace - VNV Nation - Wumpscut - X-Fusion - Zombie Girl

"for the first time" eh?

Recommend: Think Tank. rabit junk... the early stuff... ATR, Pendulum, Techno Animal,
benga and hatcha.)

aaaaany way that bit of hazing out of the way
Willkommen auf dunklen Partnerstädte
Startseite der Absperr-Ins und Egomanen gleichermaßen. ach ja, und viel zu viele Menschen Musik.
Ich bekomme auch zu sagen hallo zu Teufel, weil er vollkommen in dieser Lesart.
Pieces.[/quote]

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:01 am
Profile WWW

Hello.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:49 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome to DTC

We have open decks night from time to time on Fridays at GZ, you should spin a set sometime.

Playlists

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Profile WWW

Hey, y'all!
Not to step on the other new guy's toes, but I'm new here, too. Well, not to the scene, but to DTC. I'm recently unemployed, so I thought I'd use some of my extra time to connect and network with my kind.
Cheers and merry X-mas!
http://www.myspace.com/ezclaymation

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 pm

welcome clay

Playlists

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:44 pm
Profile WWW

claymation wrote:
Hey, y'all!
Not to step on the other new guy's toes, but I'm new here, too. Well, not to the scene, but to DTC. I'm recently unemployed, so I thought I'd use some of my extra time to connect and network with my kind.
Cheers and merry X-mas!

Welcome to DTC!

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 pm

boot wrote:
"for the first time" eh?

benga and hatcha.).

Howdy Boot, no offense taken, haha. My original playlist is really old and I've been listening to what I think would be darkwave electro-industrial for a while, but I've never had enough interest to even see what these styles genres are referred to until recently. I've always loved the general term techno, but it took me a while to realize that I'm more defined then that. Thanks for the suggestions too, I'd never even heard of em, including Klayton Scott, haha.

Only suck part now is that imeem got bought out by Myspace so I'm reduced to listening to randomness on Last.fm. Any music player suggestions would rock though, haha.

claymation wrote:
Hey, y'all!
Cheers and merry X-mas!

No worries Clay, nice to see I'm not the only person who just became interested in networking. Just added Harder Mondays and Chamber to my Thursday schedule too. Most my friends only listen to rap, so it'll take some nerve for me to make it to an event (likely by myself). Hope to see some of ya'll there though :)

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]