View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Semi-New In Town and New here 

Post Semi-New In Town and New here
Kind of new to Minneapolis, been here about 1 year now, moved from the eastcoast, still not used to it here.
Big into the goth/Industrial scene, used to go to alot of clubs in New York, Jersey and CT. Still having a hard time adjusting to there not really being any goth clubs here, hoping that changes soon, seems to be a good city...

Nice to meet you all

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Post Re: Semi-New In Town and New here
Welcome to DTC. We try to keep abreast of what's going on around here. If you see anything we don't have listed, contribute!!!

Welcome to the great frozen dinner.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 pm

we dont have a lot of goth clubs, but we have a lot of darker bands that play out all the time!

welcome!

enjoy my self-serving response post.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Welcome, there are three "goth" nights in town: Hard Mondays at the Saloon, Chamber which is on Thursdays at the Bolt underground and Bondage a Go Go on Saturdays at Ground Zero.

Descriptions of all three can be found in the events section

Playlists

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

T.Dot wrote:
Still having a hard time adjusting to there not really being any goth clubs here
Well technically, since Ground Zero's decor includes several skeletons, a coffin, a sword-wielding archangel, and spooky bondage stuff, I'd lump it into the "goth club" category. (It ain't no beach club, at least!)

Anyhoo, welcome to the TC and DTC!

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 pm

I've been to Hard Mondays and Ground Zero a few times and to both for some shows, liked both, but missing the goth side of stuff alot, Sister Of Mercy, Siouxsie, Joy Division, X-mal Deutschland, old school stuff. I would love to see a goth 80s event sometime. Definately a good crowd here, would lov eto see it really take off. Also, thanks for all the welcomes

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:53 pm

oh man, you missed out on signal and report, then. :(

great local goth band.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

T.Dot wrote:
..missing the goth side of stuff alot, Sister Of Mercy, Siouxsie, Joy Division, X-mal Deutschland, old school stuff.
The best place for that stuff seems to be Chamber (Bolt Underground Thursday nights) early in the night. Nobody's dancing at 9pm anyway, so they'll often spin Siouxie, The Creatures, Peter Murphy, and other antiques in that vein.

(much to my chagrin, since I'm more of a rivethead myself)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:21 pm

T.Dot wrote:
I've been to Hard Mondays and Ground Zero a few times and to both for some shows, liked both, but missing the goth side of stuff alot, Sister Of Mercy, Siouxsie, Joy Division, X-mal Deutschland, old school stuff. I would love to see a goth 80s event sometime. Definately a good crowd here, would lov eto see it really take off. Also, thanks for all the welcomes

Welcome to DTC!

I do alot of the old school goth on my show http://www.kfai.org/acrosstheboard, other crap too.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks rskm1, I will have to check it out sometime soon, big into alot of EBM, Industrial, TBM stuff....alot of which I haven't heard around here :cry: YET, but like a good mix, one of the clubc back in New York I used to go to starting in the 90s had a goth only night wednesdays, industrial thursdays, fetish fridays and goth/new wave 80s on saturdays...used to blow half my paycheck just going out, good times.
DJ SLT, heard your show a few times since I have been here, I like and need to tune in more

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am

T.Dot wrote:

Just this past Monday the other DJ's and I were talking about the lack of a true Goth night, we may set something up in the future

Playlists

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 am
Profile WWW

T.Dot wrote:

Does anyone do goth nights anymore? I went to Nocturna in Chicago about a year ago, which is still doing all-goth all-night long (it looked abandoned). I think the whole goth-thing kind of died out as a result of a lack of new releases... and many of the better old releases are long forgotten (80s german death/grave rock kicked ass).

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:55 am
Profile WWW

T.Dot wrote:
but missing the goth side of stuff alot, Sister Of Mercy, Siouxsie, Joy Division, X-mal Deutschland, old school stuff. I would love to see a goth 80s event sometime. Definately a good crowd here, would lov eto see it really take off. Also, thanks for all the welcomes

That's refreshing to hear. Most of the supposed "goth" crowd around here equates electronic disco music with Goth. I'm very old-school and don't care much for dance events.

There was a very cool albeit small Darksider scene here in the early '80s with several excellent bands.

Welcome to town and this latex-clothing fetish disco board.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:27 pm

... & RUBBER!

Welcome! At Club Jeager Wends you will hear all that stuff. Some nights more than others. Inculding Kraftwerk, The Stranglers & Numan. Or more on the new wave side.

Keep an eye on this DJ night:

http://www.myspace.com/transmissiondj

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Liighter wrote:
T.Dot wrote:

Does anyone do goth nights anymore? I went to Nocturna in Chicago about a year ago, which is still doing all-goth all-night long (it looked abandoned). I think the whole goth-thing kind of died out as a result of a lack of new releases... and many of the better old releases are long forgotten (80s german death/grave rock kicked ass).

I think at best it may work as a monthly or quarterly event

Playlists

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile WWW

T.Dot wrote:
Thanks rskm1, I will have to check it out sometime soon, big into alot of EBM, Industrial, TBM stuff....alot of which I haven't heard around here :cry: YET, but like a good mix, one of the clubc back in New York I used to go to starting in the 90s had a goth only night wednesdays, industrial thursdays, fetish fridays and goth/new wave 80s on saturdays...used to blow half my paycheck just going out, good times.
DJ SLT, heard your show a few times since I have been here, I like and need to tune in more

you can listen online anytime. If you're going to the C/A/T show this saturday, I can bring you copies of my past shows.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

rskm1 wrote:
T.Dot wrote:
..missing the goth side of stuff alot, Sister Of Mercy, Siouxsie, Joy Division, X-mal Deutschland, old school stuff.
The best place for that stuff seems to be Chamber (Bolt Underground Thursday nights) early in the night. Nobody's dancing at 9pm anyway, so they'll often spin Siouxie, The Creatures, Peter Murphy, and other antiques in that vein.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Chamber is also wildly inconsistent.

Last night was awesome hard stuff that I liked during the early part of the night, and then the last hour and a half was solid crusty old goth stuff (bleh). You probably would've loved it.

There was an unusually large number of people there dancing, too; dunno what the deal is, maybe this double-digit December heat wave is putting people in the mood to go out?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:02 pm

a once a month goth event would be amazing. all the djs here are sick of me requesting goth. transmission had a halloween event that played all goth music and i danced my ASS off.

i lived in nyc for a few years. used to go to alchemy, bank etc.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

mmm, the Bank, I used to love it there, guest DJed a few times there, good times

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:14 am

T.Dot wrote:

Stay tuned! I have something like that coming up! More the EBM/darkwave side of things, but anything goes! I'll post it in the events section as soon as the deets come together B)

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Profile WWW

The_Nightstalker wrote:
T.Dot wrote:

Stay tuned! I have something like that coming up! More the EBM/darkwave side of things, but anything goes! I'll post it in the events section as soon as the deets come together B)

Need any help?

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:45 am
Profile WWW

Howdy T.Dot and welcome. I'm a little new myself, but nice to see more people. I'm more the electro-industrial disco, but I love quiet a bit of the more gothic shit too (thinking Blutengle and The Cruixshadows). Hope you find what you're lookin for yo :)

Sites: DJ DHex on Last.fm
Official DJ DHex Fan Page:

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]