View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A Philosophy of Heresy and Conservatism: Paving Hell's Road 

Post A Philosophy of Heresy and Conservatism: Paving Hell's Road
FIRST DRAFT:

The greatest threat to an ideology or a parochial thought system, whether it be sectarian or secular in nature, is heresy. Heresy is the more or less critical recognition of, and the usually unwelcome discourse regarding, or other symbolic display concerning, both endogeny (i.e., what's within, e.g., dirty laundry, skullduggary, nefarious plots and tricks, spy games, etc.) and exogeny (i.e., what's without, e.g., societal opinions, reactions and attitudes, and comparative information regarding competing systems and entities and their supposed social superiority) relative to the system in question. More often than not, heresy, because of its critical nature, undermines the credibility of, and possibly the functional integrity of, parochial thought systems and the entities formed around them, as social, political and economic actors and institutions.

Endogeny, therefore, is the world of fact and occurrence within the system in question that truthfully contradicts, or is otherwise in conflict with the stated, claimed or revered system of values, precepts, beliefs, attitudes, and attributes that subscribers believe differentiates (and creates boundaries for) their way of acting thinking and feeling about existing in a heterogeneous society, and which can be identified by its subscribers and touted as being either superior to, or otherwise preferable to, all others.

Exogeny, therefore, is the world of fact and occurrence that exists outside of the system in question, the pertinent evidence of which demonstrates the shortcomings of, or misconceptions (and often, hence, misrepresentations) about the system.

Purity of mind, therefore, becomes the ultimate goal of a thought system's gatekeepers, mind-guards, pontificators (i.e., originators and purveyors of doctrine (i.e., dogma, principles and tenets of system-acceptable belief upon which both ceremony and endeavor is founded, and reverence is established) and orthodoxy (i.e., traditions, conventions, precepts, rules, regulations and other system-governing ideas and concepts that establish the system's structure and processes of authority and control over its membership) (all of which is then idealized and propagandized for both internal as well as external consumption)) and the various administrators, bureaucrats and other functionaries who coordinate system processes, resources, technology and logistics in a manner which supports and prosecutes the organizational mission (as well as its unstated agenda, e.g., enriching its founders and shareholders), all of whom which seek to establish the system as a distinct or more or less discrete entity, with a discernible identity, which is then shared by the organization's subscribers/members through a process of self-identification and mutual agreement in deriving a more or less common definition of the entity in social situ, and their respective places in relation to each other within it.

Hell, therefore, is the intersection of conflict between truth, the realization of reality and enlightenment, and the social, cultural, and technological progress that marks a renaissance in the evolution of a society or civilization, and where this all meets its antithesis; i.e., willful ignorance, oblivion, embarrassment, denial, resistance, perfunctory dismissal, thwarted ambition, jealousy, ridicule and mockery, the exposure of avarice, venality, corruption, nepotism, cronyism, favoritism, decadence and all other things of ossification, subversion and subornation associated with institutionalized, and often needfully if not greedily self-serving interest structures.

Query: What then, relative to the above, is "conservatism"?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]