View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fetish Meets Fine Art 

Fetish and Fine Art Can Coalesce
Fetish and fine art are incompatible. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fetish and fine art are compatible if you consider pop art to be fine art. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fine art is not defined by the presence or absence of fetish content. Rather, it is the medium and the manner in which the subject matter is portrayed, and the purpose for consumption that the artist intended (i.e., for personal aesthetic appreciation rather than for commercially promoting a product or service), that defines fine art. 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 8

Fetish Meets Fine Art 

Post Fetish Meets Fine Art
"Hell's Resurrection of Teresa of Avila"

Delicately, almost seductively raw...
Disturbing, dagger-to-the-heart poignance...
A stunning paradox wrought from mercy colliding with torment...
A triumphal melding of art and erotica...
"The Last Temptation of Christ" incarnate...
As profound of an artistic insight into the terrible beauty of virtuous suffering since Bernini's "Ecstasy of St. Theresa".

Teresa of Avila wrote:
Beside me, on the left, appeared an angel in bodily form.... He was not tall but short, and very beautiful; and his face was so aflame that he appeared to be one of the highest rank of angels, who seem to be all on fire.... I saw in his hand a long spear of gold, and at the iron's point there seemed to be a little fire. He appeared to me to be thrusting it at times into my heart, and to pierce my very entrails; when he drew it out, he seemed to draw them out also, and to leave me all on fire with a great love of God. The pain was so great, that it made me moan; and yet so surpassing was the sweetness of this excessive pain, that I could not wish to be rid of it. The soul is satisfied now with nothing less than God. The pain is not bodily, but spiritual; though the body has its share in it. It is a caressing of love so sweet which now takes place between the soul and God, that I pray God of His goodness to make him experience it who may think that I am lying.[4]

... No wonder when art historians look at this sculpture they tie themselves in knots to avoid saying the obvious, that is, that we're looking at the most intense convulsive drama of the body that any of us experience.

The shocking reciprocal movement which grabs our attention so forcibly is not intended as sensational; it aims to jar us into another place entirely.

... [T]he transverberation becomes a point of contact between earth and heaven, between matter and spirit.[9]

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Post Re: Fetish Meets Fine Art

The teeny-goths should like this one.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Elegant rendition of what otherwise might be uninspiringly demure.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:37 pm

"Forensic Files" or "48 Hours"?

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm

The intrigue of agony.

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Futuristic fantasy really isn't my bag, but well done and visually interesting.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Fetishistic? We post, you decide.

Salvador Dali, Design for the death scene in "Don Juan Tenorio", 1950

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Your nightmare... Hell's dream.

To have and to hold... our way.

Wishing you were here.

Salvador Dali, Untitled (Male Nude in a Landscape), 1948

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Love in a radiator... (with apologies to Aerosmith).

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Redemption from darkness.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Keeping an eye on the time.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Going nowhere... stylishly.

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Beauty through the keyhole of time.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Old-school hall monitor.

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Magritte takes a holiday.
Grey block and ocean views feature prominently in the art of René Magritte.

René Magritte, Black Magic, 1933-34

Les profondeurs du plaisir by René Magritte

René Magritte, La folie des grandeurs II
( Megalomania), 1948, Series 1

René Magritte, The Son of Man, 1964

"We must not fear daylight just because it almost always illuminates a miserable world."

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Elemental study in monochrome.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Venus in furs. (With a nod to Leopold Ritter von Sacher-Masoch.)

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Through a glass, darkly.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Dungeon of dark desires.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 am

Life imitates art.

Art imitates life.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 am

Heavy man, it's Carpe Noctem magazine 1992 all over again.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:39 am

zom-zom wrote:

Without giving at least a nod to the "horror, vampire, carnage and death" genre, which is apparently regarded as an integral (although not necessarily predominate) feature of goth imagery, this topic would be incomplete. Therefore, to characterize this topic in its infancy with such impetuous, facile and glibly dismissive terms, is sophomoric at best, if not mere, spurious sophistry.

Apparently, "Carpe Noctem" is one of those groupie mag's with which you seem to be so well-acquainted. Given its critical reviews below, the cavalier tone with which you reference it does more to belie your credibility than your point seems intended to exalt.

Therefore, do take care not to strain your delicate wrist while painting your juvenile hyperbole with such a broad brush. Rather, you would do well to preserve such short-stroking proclivities for the impulsive, premature ejaculation that seems to typify your personality. PWNT. Move along now, little gadfly, there's nothing here that you could possibly appreciate.

With its gorgeously brooding design and black wit, Carpe Noctem deserves a high spot in the Gothic pantheon -- Poppy Z. Brite

Carpe Noctem combines an elegant graphic style with an intelligent, respectful look at our otherwise disreputable genre. I eagerly anticipate the next issue. -- Mick Garris, Director ABC-TV's The Shining

A sharp, entertaining, and beautiful journal for those of us in the business of making visual, verbal, or sonic horror. Carnell's interviews are respectful and knowledgeable and can provide an introduction to other craftsmen in the industry who might otherwise be invisible and/or impossible to find. -- Diamanda Galas, chanteuse/author

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:18 pm

I still don't know what "pwnt" means.

You are running out of dismissive terms. Your posts are rapidly becoming tiresome.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:41 pm

when i don't know what something means, i use google.

but, hey, that's me.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW

When I don't know what something means, it usually means it's stupid.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:24 pm

zom-zom wrote:
You are running out of dismissive terms. Your posts are rapidly becoming tiresome.

Looks like you and Cranky have something in common then
At least he is making an effort to back up his statements with some kind of effort
You, on the other hand just whip it out, piss on it and walk away without any real effort to explain your point other than "I don't like it so it sucks"

I guess the reason I am so eager to jump on you is because I see a lot of myself in the things you do and I don't like it
So, to work on my own shortcomings, I have chosen to use you as my catharsis
Maybe you and Fisty should start a "Rockula's Arch Enemy Club"
You and he would make a great team
You pissing on everything with no follow up or explanation
Him providing explanations with no cohesion or sense

The aforementioned art is nothing new so you piss on it saying "It's been done before" meanwhile, your own art occupies in the same category
Your attitude contradicts your product and makes you a hypocrite
Therefore, we just discount you as an tired old hipster/scenester that continues on the same path and claiming exclusion from such criticism because "You were there when it happened the first time"

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile WWW

Man, you sure are crabby.

I wasn't aware that these images were Cranky And Crusty's "art". I thought these images were taken from various parts of the internets and posted here for some
reason or another. One reason possibly being for responses, including my humorous and accurate take on them.

I think they're mostly trite, except perhaps the classical sculpture. That's nice. The others seem to be of the realm of masturbatory fantasy for lonely, un-dateable goths.

I understand you're trying to get my goat with the repeated commentary regarding my music as being nothing new, but you must also understand that I've been hearing that since I started playing music, from people similar to you. It's cool. Any musician currently playing rock, folk, psychedelic, etc. etc. is in the same boat.

That said, I don't believe you've ever seen any of my bands perform nor have you listened to perhaps more than a song or two out of the many releases I've played on, including singles, LPs, EPs, CDs, videos. And that's cool too.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:22 pm

zom-zom wrote:

zom-zom wrote:

zom-zom wrote:
When I don't know what something means, it usually means it's stupid.

Which one of these three statements includes any kind of attempt to engage in the discussion?
It's not a problem that you may dislike something
It's just that you make no effort to contribute to the discussion
All you do is leave a turd (and they seem to be pilling up around here)
I'm asking you to be constructive but that doesn't mean you have to agree

As far as my attacks on your art
It is a way to pount out that your art is no more innovative or important than the art you denegrate
It's like a slut calling someone a whore

Talk all the shit you want but make sure you aren't reaching past your own limitations
I wouldn't be up your ass so much if you could back it up more effectively

I have researched your music, and although it is well produced and executed, it's no more impressive than anyone with a recording studio and access to good musicians would produce
There are hundreds of people like you all over the country and you all produce pretty decent stuff
Your statement "I thought these images were taken from various parts of the internets and posted here for some
reason or another. One reason possibly being for responses, including my humorous and accurate take on them." tells me that you automatically assumed the art to be beneath you so you just dismissed it whe, you are no more important or better than the artists you have ridiculed
It also seems a bit too late to start offering any kind of opinion when you have already done your business

I am not offended by your positions
I am offended by your lazy superiority

Finally
zom-zom wrote:
That said, I don't believe you've ever seen any of my bands perform nor have you listened to perhaps more than a song or two out of the many releases I've played on, including singles, LPs, EPs, CDs, videos. And that's cool too.

I don't believe you took the time to research the things I have done either (multiple recording projects, TV shows, experimental video, DJing, a lifetime of touring etc...)
But that didn't stop you from going after me first
If you had stayed on topic and not crossed over into that area, we wouldn't be where we are now

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Speaking of making a contribution
It appears that cranky is trying to open a discussion about how these things relate to each other
I don't know much about art but i know what I like

I like surrealist art because it makes me feel like I am not the only person in the world who sees things in a really skewed way
I have tried to read up on the lives of surrealists (Frida, Diego, Dali, Warhol) so that I could try to understand their mindsets even though I couldn't fully appreciate their art
This information has helped me as a musical and visual surrealist myself

I don't care so much for erotic or fetish art because I am bombarded by sexually charged imagery every day and am already feeling a bit full when something artistic does come along
Not to mention every time I go to a club I am surrounded by women with very hyper-sexual outfits and presentations (weather they are available or not)
All of this causes me to have to "defend" myself against such barrages by dismissning sexual imagery like I would a commercial break

I tried to answer the poll question but it was a bit too convoluted to make up my mind

The biggest mistake Cranky is making on this board is assuming that we give a shit about anything higher-brow than the normal bitching, squabbling and socializing on this board
I don't wanna discourage you but these highbrow topics you are attempting to discuss are gonna be relatively fruitless

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

Rockula! wrote:
I have tried to read up on the lives of surrealists (Frida, Diego, Dali, Warhol)

or two surrealists, a muralist, and a pop artist. (and, frankly, i would argue kahlo had, at most, glancing familiarity with surrealists.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I like the goth art because it's usually full of really hot, half naked women. If you distill it down to that, most art follows similar patterns.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Rockula! wrote:
Speaking of making a contribution
It appears that cranky is trying to open a discussion about how these things relate to each other
I don't know much about art but i know what I like

I like surrealist art because it makes me feel like I am not the only person in the world who sees things in a really skewed way
I have tried to read up on the lives of surrealists (Frida, Diego, Dali, Warhol) so that I could try to understand their mindsets even though I couldn't fully appreciate their art
This information has helped me as a musical and visual surrealist myself

The fact that you have taken the time to search your memories and impressions, and relate them here in a thoughtful, cogent form, contributes immeasurably. It contributes to a worthwhile exchange of ideas, even if we don't agree or fully appreciate each other's views.

In that spirit, I retrieved more of René Magritte's quotes that bear on your specific points; i.e., not fully understanding or appreciating some artist's work. I think Magritte's quotes will intrigue if not surprise you, as they surprised me.

René Magritte wrote:
"My painting is visible images which conceal nothing; they evoke mystery and, indeed, when one sees one of my pictures, one asks oneself this simple question 'What does that mean'? It does not mean anything, because mystery means nothing either, it is unknowable."

"The mind loves the unknown. It loves images whose meaning is unknown, since the meaning of the mind itself is unknown."

"Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist."

"I have few illusions: the cause is lost in advance. As for me, I do my part, which is to drag a fairly drab existence to its conclusion."

- René Magritte

As far as appreciating art is concerned, the greater one's conceptual and analytical framework, the more you get out of it. My interest is in the symbolic meaning and value that any piece has as cultural artifact. (I don't produce art, and I have very little knowledge of how it's produced.)

Two video series that explore the symbolic and cultural aspects of art are: "How Art Made the World", by Nigel Spivey; and "The Power of Art" by Simon Schama. They come in multi-DVD sets, and are available through the Hennepin County Library system.

Rockula! wrote:
I don't care so much for erotic or fetish art because I am bombarded by sexually charged imagery every day and am already feeling a bit full when something artistic does come along
Not to mention every time I go to a club I am surrounded by women with very hyper-sexual outfits and presentations (weather they are available or not)
All of this causes me to have to "defend" myself against such barrages by dismissning sexual imagery like I would a commercial break

Appreciating anything is a matter of preference and perspective. I too find all the sexually-charged imagery in the mass media distasteful, because, like your analogy to commercials, they're so gratuitous. Moreover, they're usually portrayed in such a disingenuous manner.

Fetish, on the other hand, although extremely gratuitous, it impresses me as being personally authentic, if not aesthetically genuine (let's face it; very little is "original"). Oh yes, It may be an affectation, but it's widely regarded as subculture if not counterculture. People who wear fetish couture are usually unapologetic, and take pleasure in flouting social convention and pushing boundaries. They take ownership of their sexuality by explicitly expressing it without qualification. That said, like everything else, there are boundaries to the cultural contexts in which its wear is situationally appropriate.

Notwithstanding all the heady bullshit above, fetish just baits the animal in me, like waving raw meat in front of a big cat.

Rockula! wrote:
I tried to answer the poll question but it was a bit too convoluted to make up my mind

The poll is methodologically all fucked up. It's more about sampling perspectives on what constitutes "fine art", and whether or not fetish, which is largely an unapologetic affectation, is compatible with the definition of fine art, regardless of how technically well-portrayed it may be in any given artistic medium.

When "pop art" came on the scene in the mid 20th century, there was a debate as to whether it was "fine art", or not. Now, with the advent of the digital age, there's a debate as to whether or not digital art is "fine art". One website endeavors to answer the underlying question as to how artforms are defined and classified:

Contents

• What is Art?
• Art: Multiplicity of Forms, Types and Genres
• Definition of Art is Limited by Era and Culture
• History of the Definition of Art: A Bluffer's Guide
• Classical Meaning of Art
• Post-Renaissance Meaning of Art
• Meaning of Art During the Early 20th Century
• Meaning of Art Post-World War II
• Postmodernism and the Meaning of Art
• A Working Definition of Art
• Theory and Philosophy of Art: Some Issues For Discussion
• If We Appreciate Its Positive Impact, Do We Need to Define Art?
• How Does a Definition of Art Help Us?
• Is Art Simply a Reflection of Our Personal Values?
• Who Has the Right to Define Art?
• How is Art Classified?
• Fine Arts
• Visual Arts
• Plastic Arts
• Decorative
• Performance
• Applied
• Arts versus Crafts
• Impact of Renaissance
• More Questions About Art
• Where to View Art

Rockula! wrote:
The biggest mistake Cranky is making on this board is assuming that we give a shit about anything higher-brow than the normal bitching, squabbling and socializing on this board
I don't wanna discourage you but these highbrow topics you are attempting to discuss are gonna be relatively fruitless

Point well taken. However, I have "seen" the conceptual and artistic creativity behind the product of members of the local goth community (e.g., Goth Prom and other theme-based events, and various cabaret and style shows), some of whom must be among the over 400 users on this board. I call them the avant-glitterati of the goth intelligentsia. It is their contributions to your genre and your movement that lift it out of what otherwise would be grim, mundane and aberrant (if not freakish) obscurity.

Their efforts infuse the goth "brand", as it were, with taste, civility, aesthetic complexity and intellect, and pride. They bring a high baroque, "sturm und drang" (i.e., that short-lived dark jewel between stoic, vapid, pedestrian, mordant rationalism; and gushing, frivolous romanticism) symbolic and analytical framework, i.e., a veritable sociological counterpart of the Freudian ego, which endeavors to reconcile the impassioned, emotive, intuitive, subjective, raw, primitive, and sexually impulsive; with the sterile, straightjacketed, sexually-repressed, regimented objectivity and mechanistic idealism of dominant-culture "family-values" hypocrisy.

These torch-bearers elevate goth to a socially and anthropologically evolved subculture. I would hope that such individuals will be inclined to respond to these "high brow" discussions if interested. However, the thoughtless, self-centered and callously pejorative denigration of other's contributions by the likes of effete group-think artists probably discourage the very participation that would elevate the character and content of this message board.

Regardless, I found this discussion between us to be quite satisfying, if not validating.

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Rockula! wrote:

I have researched your music, and although it is well produced and executed, it's no more impressive than anyone with a recording studio and access to good musicians would produce
There are hundreds of people like you all over the country and you all produce pretty decent stuff
Your statement "I thought these images were taken from various parts of the internets and posted here for some
reason or another. One reason possibly being for responses, including my humorous and accurate take on them." tells me that you automatically assumed the art to be beneath you so you just dismissed it whe, you are no more important or better than the artists you have ridiculed
It also seems a bit too late to start offering any kind of opinion when you have already done your business

I am not offended by your positions
I am offended by your lazy superiority

Finally
zom-zom wrote:

I don't believe you took the time to research the things I have done either (multiple recording projects, TV shows, experimental video, DJing, a lifetime of touring etc...)
But that didn't stop you from going after me first
If you had stayed on topic and not crossed over into that area, we wouldn't be where we are now

The difference here is that I don't believe I've ever said anything nasty or negative about any board member's music.

I simply made a stupid humorous cheese-ball "rap" about you after you apparently were angered by my comment regarding another "zombie" event.

If you want to convince me that "zombie" -themed events are something that should not be commented on or mocked, please do so.
You can, if you wish, follow up with an explanation of why I also should not laugh at Goth "art" consisting of vampire-ladies in corsets posed in graveyards and other stereotypical environs. The fact that you equate my "art" with this stuff is besides the point.

I've ceased to argue politics with Fisty.. while we certainly disagree and it's been fun for both of us to slam each other on internet message boards, I consider him a friend and I think he's a smart, decent and nice guy. There are several guys on here who are Conservatives and Republicans and I consider them as friends and decent people too. If you're going to pick on my postings maybe you should look at your own and consider your political rants.

I like commenting on music and art. They're my favourite things to spout off about, besides food and clothing. Just because my posts aren't long-winded wordy diatribes does not mean I'm "not smart" or anything like that.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:23 am

My problem is that your sparesly worded comments have been all urine and no substance
If you're going make the effort to dismiss all the things you don't care for, then you need to make enough effort to provide more backup than just "Barff"

As far as the political rants
You didn't give us much meat there either

You have not established the rapport that someone like Devil or Ether have with me that allows them to say things like you said to me without me taking it seriously
It's not the things you said to me, it's that you have no history of "giving me the business" so I must assume you are going after me on a more personal level
This elicits an equal response from me and makes me wanna show you that your accomplishments do not merit your attitude

As far as Fisty goes,
He has chosen the role on this board of "conservative irritant" which is fine
However, his blind acceptance and insane ramblings irritate me not because of their position but because of the intention
He wants us to abuse him
Why else would he take up such ludicrous and shallow positions with such zeal?

Like I said before
No problems with you personally
I could take or leave your music/art just like you couldn't be bothered with mine
You still assume that I have not researched your art before making my counter criticism which is lazy as well (the most recent was seeing you at Club Underground)

Believe it or not, I have lightened the fuck up recently which is why I have limited my venom to the politics section
It feels good to lighten the fuck up and maybe you should try it the next time you wanna drop 2 lines of grumpy on something without any substance to follow it up

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 am
Profile WWW

I'm totally "light" all the time. I'm like the least angry guy you may ever meet.

I'm having a great day.. I'm having a wonderful life. I hope you are too. Have a super weekend.

I still think "zombie" events are dumb.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 am

Funny how you have devoted all this time and energy to defending your position when you could have avoided all of it by using just a portion of that same energy to post decent criticism in the first place

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW

zom-zom wrote:
I think they're mostly trite, except perhaps the classical sculpture. That's nice. The others seem to be of the realm of masturbatory fantasy for lonely, un-dateable goths.

They're sexXxy to me!! :oops:

Zommers is just sad because he doesn't have a dungeon lady of his very own!!

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:47 am
Profile WWW

Rockula! wrote:
Funny how you have devoted all this time and energy to defending your position when you could have avoided all of it by using just a portion of that same energy to post decent criticism in the first place

I could be Bowie or Reznor or Numan ( or insert whomever has a body of work you admire greatly) making opinionated posts and my guess is you would still have a problem with them. Apparently you want my criticisms to be regulated by your set of rules and standards, one of which is Do Not Criticize Things Unless I Deem Your Things To Be Superior To That Which You Criticize.

If you want to take the position of Dark Twin Cities Message Board Opinion Patrol we can get you a badge or something.

Beautiful Gothy Fall Day out there.. I think I'll take advantage of it.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 pm

zom-zom wrote:
Apparently you want my criticisms to be regulated by your set of rules and standards, one of which is Do Not Criticize Things Unless I Deem Your Things To Be Superior To That Which You Criticize.

Nope
I just want you to make an effort to back it up
Devil does it
Ether does it
Cranky does it (even if it is way too much effort)
Even Fisty makes an effort

And yet you shoot your mouth off without one ounce of interesting content to support your opinion
The difference between Reznor, Numan and you is that, in the interviews I have read, their criticisms are accompanied by an articulate rebuttle
I doubt you would see either of them just poke their heads up and say "Zombies are stupid.... BARRFF"

Speaking of effort
I am devoting all my efforts to helping Ether with his gig today
Then I am gonna shuffle on over to the UG to catch the rest of OBCT and the gang
It does look like it's going to be a a nice day spent with the friends that appreciate me
That doesn't mean I'm not gonna heckle Geoff

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile WWW

Tethered torso in monochrome.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Madame contemplates...

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Frustrating... The lighting, architecture, perspective, balance and use of shadow are sublime... but the prop and angle of her left foot suggests that her imaginary doggy peed on her shoe.

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Degas-inspiré art érotique.

Dancer with Raised Arms
Edgar Degas - 1891
Private collection
Drawing - pastel

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Lady in blue.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Bathed in red.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Rough ride ahead. Bring your chaps.

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Jackson Pollock-inspired nude.

Jackson Pollock - "Full Fathom Five", 1947.
Oil on canvas with nails, tacks, buttons, coins, cigarettes, etc,
129 x 76.5 cm

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Fleeting impressions.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Toulouse-Lautrec-inspired nudes.

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec: "The Toilette", 1896
Source: WebMuseum

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Have a happy bondage. --Always

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 am

Stilettos in blue.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:17 am

Dominance and decadence.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 am

Rockula! wrote:
zom-zom wrote:
Apparently you want my criticisms to be regulated by your set of rules and standards, one of which is Do Not Criticize Things Unless I Deem Your Things To Be Superior To That Which You Criticize.

Nope
I just want you to make an effort to back it up
Devil does it
Ether does it
Cranky does it (even if it is way too much effort)
Even Fisty makes an effort

And yet you shoot your mouth off without one ounce of interesting content to support your opinion
The difference between Reznor, Numan and you is that, in the interviews I have read, their criticisms are accompanied by an articulate rebuttle
I doubt you would see either of them just poke their heads up and say "Zombies are stupid.... BARRFF"

This is a message-board, not an interview. I will accept an invitation to an interview if that pleases you. It can take hours, I will lay out my entire outlook on life.

If you need me to back up my opinion on whatever, please just ask. I can't seem to find all of these numerous supposedly negative posts that you claim I have been making. Zombies? Well, it's like the Bacon trend. I don't think criticizing something that has become an ubiquitous trend needs explanation. A "zombie" theme just seems like a lazy, obvious and overused idea.

I will gladly explain to you why I have whatever opinion on whatever subject if that makes you happy. "Rebuttal".

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:09 am

and I will keep reminding you that you have expended 4 times the amount of energy trying to one-up me in your responses than it would for you to make an effort in the first place

Oh
And I spelled "rebuttal" wrong
I think it was because I was listening to the Ruttles when I was posting
It was lazy not to check my spelling

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 am
Profile WWW

Waiting on you.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Haute cuisine.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Easter Island rain, inspired by Réné Magritte

Réné Magritte, Hegel's Holiday, 1958

Réné Magritte, Le château des Pyrénées
(Castle in the Pyrenees), 1961, Series 3

Réné Magritte, Golconde
(Golconda), 1953, Series 3

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 am

What, no diaper-fetish images?

Mommy, I made a Boom-Boom!

I would think that all disgusting aspects of perversion should be covered.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 am

Eine kleine Nachtmusik (with apologies to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart).

Last edited by Cranky-'n-Crusty on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:12 pm

A styled subspace.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next