View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Upcoming shows...or not. 

Post Re: Upcoming shows...or not.
devil wrote:
I know Chemlab is heading Stateside for a US tour but he's currently figuring out the logistics of circumventing a bunch of volcanic ash.

I saw them open for GWAR some years ago. They got booed off the stage in around 8 minutes.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 pm
Profile YIM

where was that?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile WWW

rskm1 wrote:
You have almost zero chance of seeing anyone that obscure in North America, without attending a big multi-day "festival", a la Coma/Kinetik or whatever.

not to mention that i don't know if AktiveHate has ever even left the Iberian Peninsula. i liked what i was hearing from them about 2-2.5yrs ago. i recall LMTHA was a good song. then they pulled it from their Myspace and i have never heard it again.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:04 pm

alisgray wrote:
where was that?

1st Ave

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 am
Profile YIM

seasonfire wrote:
not to mention that i don't know if AktiveHate has ever even left the Iberian Peninsula. i liked what i was hearing from them about 2-2.5yrs ago. i recall LMTHA was a good song. then they pulled it from their Myspace and i have never heard it again.

Yeah, I just realized last week that I'd have been a huge AktiveHate fan, lol. Looked like the CD's were fee online and put 2 on my cell phone, been listening to it on repeat ever since... with a lil Combichrist and Alien Vampires inbetween ;)

Sites: DJ DHex on Last.fm
Official DJ DHex Fan Page:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

"Iszoloscope is looking for promoters in Albuquerque, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Columbus and Cleveland to tie the knot with the coming tour."

-taken from their Facebook page.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:43 pm

devil wrote:
"Iszoloscope is looking for promoters in Albuquerque, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Columbus and Cleveland to tie the knot with the coming tour."

-taken from their Facebook page.

Count me out. I have a few shows being planned yet and a couple on the books already. Just can't take on anymore at this time.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:57 pm

if you need a cheap 6-piece..... (we kinda rule....)

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

I recall Iszoloscope from Kinetic previously. It was quite good, IDM but more ambient than dance music. I see they're playing Reverence this year. Maybe put them in touch with the Locust Lecture?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile WWW

So Jim Cookas of I:Scintilla keeps contacting me. He and the band would really like to get a show booked here in the Cities. If anyone can help me out on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Wed May 26, 2010 10:58 pm

I:Scintilla strikes me as a good fit with Heliosphere. What's up with those guys? Haven't seen 'em lately. (On stage I mean.)

Fri May 28, 2010 11:29 am
Profile WWW

is mr bill back in the cities?

Fri May 28, 2010 12:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Jim would also be willing to have I:Scintilla added to an existing show. If not, they're planning on playing some shows with the Gothsicles.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:51 pm

from CEVIN KEY:

Chicago - Detroit - Toronto- - Ithaca - NYC - Philly - San Francisco- Portland - Seattle - Vancouver - SLC- Denver - Phoenix - Los Angeles

If your city ISN"T on this list contact us now to make it happen.
Beyond the Vault Tour: Otto von schirach/BananaSloth/Download, PlaTEau/Dead Voices on Air/Baseck/Wet Mango/Sonic death rabbit/+ s...pecial guests !

-----
i guess contact me if you dont know how to contact him and i'll pass on your contact info

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Get in touch with the people that are putting Dark Carnivale together, some of the bands are local, but 1 is from Texas and another from Italy, plus visua artists from New York, The Netherlands, Italy and Minneapolis.
Hopefully something will up with the lack of good music here.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 pm

:eyeroll:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

i'd say badboy's been doing a pretty decent job...

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Lack of good music here?! There have been more great live shows in the past year or two than the previous five to ten. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm not saying there hasn't been, I just see alot of tours skip over Minneapolis, the ones that do come in town I catch. Just saying it would be good to see the people that are organizing and promoting shows to get together. Not that I don't mind heading back out to Chicago when needed to catch shows, I just see alot of good potential here.
I haven't miss a tour The Cure did since 85, until their last tour in 2008 when they skipped over Minneapolis, just seems like it is a bit difficult to get some bands here, added with bad situations like C/A/T at Barfly and Ground Zero being the only real place to have more well known acts play it doesn't give alot of bands options....but agai, I am used to big cities, living in Chicago, New York and LA for a long time I got spoiled you could say.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:23 am

T.Dot wrote:
I'm not saying there hasn't been, I just see alot of tours skip over Minneapolis, the ones that do come in town I catch. Just saying it would be good to see the people that are organizing and promoting shows to get together. Not that I don't mind heading back out to Chicago when needed to catch shows, I just see alot of good potential here.
I haven't miss a tour The Cure did since 85, until their last tour in 2008 when they skipped over Minneapolis, just seems like it is a bit difficult to get some bands here, added with bad situations like C/A/T at Barfly and Ground Zero being the only real place to have more well known acts play it doesn't give alot of bands options....but agai, I am used to big cities, living in Chicago, New York and LA for a long time I got spoiled you could say.

Would you believe that I talked with a promoter in Chicago that does an indie showcase with darksider music much of the time and he told me he thinks that the MPLS scene is better than Chicago? Now, I don't believe him but it does say something that he would say that!! I think it would be great if you could get a bunch of promoters together to put on more shows but there is one big problem with that. We are talking about ALOT of money and the potential for a lot of shows. (FACT: I can't do more than 1-2 shows a month as it would drive me insane!! I also don't like risking money on bands I don't know. Made an exception for Unter Null just to try a kind of music I normally dislike) It is so hard to communicate when you start adding more and more people into the mix. Even in the age of electronic mail it sometimes takes days and weeks for people to reply (if ever). Throw in people that invest financially as well as in other means and you have means for some hard feelings if there is even an inkling that someone isn't doing their share. Most Everyone has jobs and families. This takes up most of the time. Doing shows is just a hobby for me and my team but I will stop once the losses pile up. Taking on a band like the CURE is way too risky for me!!! (I can't even fathom what it would take to host them. Guessing 6 figures) Someone the other day asked me about Rammstein. Same case with them. Heck, INSOC and LOA/TKK are/were very risky. Abox is VERY risky (above the average risk) but certain bands take a risk on MPLS and I am willing to sometimes take a risk on them based on other cities draws and their flexibility. No show makes money in the genre except VNV Nation and other isolated cases. Alot of people have very narrow tastes when it comes to darksider music (or what I would call all facets of this scene)
I could go on and on about what I have learned in 6 years. Truth is, so many acts want to come to MPLS and not all of them are gonna get booked. Trying to get into the major live clubs like Station 4, Triple Rock and 7th St. Entry is tough. Heck, I can't even get Club Underground to return my emails. When a band has a date open you need that date to be available at the club. That is seldom the case. We need to be thankful for a place like Ground Zero cause they are very accomodating to us and the music!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am

Oh trust me, I dont think any one person could take on The Cure, that is something for majot touring and promoting companies, way too much to do there.
From the difference I have seen in the last few years I have been here these have been alot more, not saying anyone is doing a bad job, it is good to see more events happening, just noticed most of the time in all cities people wont even promote other's events, even when they do not interfere with their own, it would just be good to see people working together, in whatever aspect would work out best.
Alot of the goth/Industrial clubs have been clsing down in the last 5 years, sad to see, but there is such a division in the people who run and organize events (at least in the cities I have been in) that aids in that, just don't want to see that here.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 am

T.Dot wrote:
Oh trust me, I dont think any one person could take on The Cure, that is something for majot touring and promoting companies, way too much to do there.
From the difference I have seen in the last few years I have been here these have been alot more, not saying anyone is doing a bad job, it is good to see more events happening, just noticed most of the time in all cities people wont even promote other's events, even when they do not interfere with their own, it would just be good to see people working together, in whatever aspect would work out best.
Alot of the goth/Industrial clubs have been clsing down in the last 5 years, sad to see, but there is such a division in the people who run and organize events (at least in the cities I have been in) that aids in that, just don't want to see that here.

I am sure that anyone that has been involved in promoting can attest to the fact that there are people that complain that bands skip MPLS and then when bands do decide to play here they don't lift a finger to get the word out. Helping promote can be as simple as posting a banner on your social networking sites to hanging a flyer in a coffee shop or record store. I just had a girl email me and ask for 30 flyers to put up on her campus. Anything helps and yet most people still can't find the time. Not complaining, just the way it is.
There is nothing more depressing than hearing after the show that "had I heard about the show I would have gone"

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 am

T.Dot wrote:

This is true with many clubs. It is a tough business. But there are many success stories out there!! I just talked to a friend in Milwaukee yesterday that said that Club ? is now under new management and word of mouth is good and attendance has picked up!! I see a bunch of other clubs around the US continuing to bring shows in time after time. DNA Lounge in SF, El Corazon in Seattle, Fex Ballroom in Portland, Elysium in Texas, Respectable Street in Florida. Gotta love it when venues/people find their "niche"

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:39 am

Frankly helping to wave the freak flag also makes the shows more interesting to me. I encourage each of you to try it.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

Please define 'wave the freak flag'.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:44 am

in this case I mean getting the flyers and posters out to the city. but in general if you aren't familiar with the term, start here: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jimi+hendr ... 71549.html

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 am
Profile WWW

how would that necessarily make then more interesting? either you know about them or you don't. advertisement for a show is important, as it gets people aware of the event, but the prevalence of it should not in itself make it more interesting. granted, a greater saturation may cause people who are waffling about going to decide to, but i still wouldn't call that "more interesting". it has more to with piquing curiosities than interest.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 am

being an active part of an event, even if it's just handing out flyers, makes me feel more invested in it, and also a great deal more likely to look the artists up before hand; also far more likely to show up.

I needed a hobby and I picked this one. It's very low investment and high reward from my perspective. Give it a shot if you like sometime.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile WWW

actually i do. been helping Trace since the FATM show.
i figure the more awareness there is and the more people that show up for these shows, the more shows there will be.
i'm realistic that there are not going to be shows every couple of weeks or anything, but i'm also not going to just sit idly by and not do anything to increase the likelihood of one happening now and then.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 pm

I am currently working on and looking for shows for Early 2011. If anyone has any recommendations please feel free to PM me. I only have two rules that I try and stick with.

#1 - Band has to be able to draw over 108 people by themselves.

#2 - I have to like them. It is hard to lose money on a band I know nothing about and whos music I don't like.

From now on I will only be doing shows at Ground Zero. I have experimented with other venues around town to see if it would affect draw and it doesn't matter one iota. GZ is the industrial/goth/synth/dark electro venue in the Twin Cities. If we want it to stick around we must support it!!

The reason I am posting this is because I am very dissappointed that I missed Gary Numan. Guess what? He is doing Chicago and then Denver, skipping MPLS. Shocker!! I only found out he was touring by checking his website. I hate it when this happens!!!

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 pm

The thing I have noticed about GZ is that they have been more of a specialty venue when it comes to musical acts
They don't have the place booked every weekend with shitty local bands that you can see in every other club in this town
The shows tend to be more unique and specific to the clientele of the venue
So many venues try to jam pack the schedule with supposed variety but end up being a jumbled mess of sub-standard lineups
There's waaaay too many bands out there that have no business on a stage, much less one the size of GZ

The other thing I have noticed, and this may be because of my personal freindship with them, but Craig and Skaht have been completely open minded and accomodating with me and the other acts I know getting booked
Most club owners/bookers have hundreds of bands constantly trying to get their attention and the only thing they could be bothered with is a lineup that is a proven formula

I have tried many times to put together a package for the GZ stage and have had it fall apart many times
Skaht and Craig didn't write me off for trying and gave a chance once I really had something nailed down

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

If someone could get I:Scintilla here, I would do whatever i can to help promote. My time is very limited, but I would love to see them up here. They are in my top 5 all time favorite bands and I've been following them since 2004. Hung out with them for a while in Milwaukee at their show back in July are a great group of people - very down to earth. Their new album is very, very good and I'll be spinning the hell out of it on my show, but I don't have a ton of local listeners at this point.

If anyone wants to get in contact with them, I can get you connected with Jim.

I don't have the time or resources to take something on myself, but if there's something i can do to help, I'd like to do what I can.

11/12 Clan of Xymox, The Bellwether Syndicate, Autumn and DJ Paul Robb

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:49 am
Profile WWW

Actually, I've been working with Jim all year to find him a show here. But there's been zero luck with promoters and not much help from venues either.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 am

:(

I am guessing the only chance we'll get is if they are on the bill with someone else who's touring or if their tour is also with/in support of someone else. I can get to shows in Milwaukee pretty easy since that's where I'm from, but it sucks to do that.

11/12 Clan of Xymox, The Bellwether Syndicate, Autumn and DJ Paul Robb

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

I FUCKING LOVE I:SCINTILLA!

Also, De/Vision, Mesh (MESH!), and Iris are looking at a North American tour coming up here early spring. I want that shit here, yo.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:57 pm

laserbitch wrote:

Also, De/Vision, Mesh (MESH!), and Iris are looking at a North American tour coming up here early spring. I want that shit here, yo.

We have been working on this show for 2 months. Look for this tour to come to the area early April 2011.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 am

perfect, Im glad you guys are arranging this show real close to my birthday. perfect

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

badboy wrote:
We have been working on this show for 2 months. Look for this tour to come to the area early April 2011.

Hurrah!!!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am

nice to know. a friend of mine got me into Mesh a while back. haven't listened to much Iris though...

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 am

Joe Letz [combichrist]
lookin to book a one off DJ gig for NEW YEARS EVE this year. anyone interested should hit up my booking agent at info@bpmtalent.com.

so bug your local scene promoter! im dyin to party like it's 1999 with... YOU! ♥

[also in the tour blog he mentions he wants to come back here since the saloon on the 15th was awesome.]

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2