View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Why haven't you heard of Joshua Chellew? 

Post Why haven't you heard of Joshua Chellew?
Why haven't you heard of Joshua Chellew?

It's because the racial make up of the crime isn't politically correct for outrage and coverage.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/12/why-is-joshua-chellew-less-important-than-trayvon-martin/#ixzz2ZEfoVVs3

In these times, we have to shoehorn a Hispanic man with a Black great grandfather into the role of racist, to make the death of a Black teen a monumental civil rights injustice. That's newsworthy. The deserves the silent vigils or loud protests of a nation.

Black on White crime isn't proper for the news. It doesn't get an extrajudicial opinion from those in government.

Black on Black crime isn't cool to address either. It leaves a much larger footprint in the graveyards, but Shhhhhhhh!

And gun crime in the cities with the strictest gun laws aren't mentioned, as a rule.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/four-children-gunned-down-chicago-during-zimmerman-trial

Priorities.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Post Re: Why haven't you heard of Joshua Chellew?
Um, maybe this is why not?

Quote:
Jekari Oshay Strozier, 19; Antonio Shantwan Pass, 18; and Johnathan Donald Anthony, 18; all from Mableton, are in the Cobb County jail without bonds on charges of felony murder, aggravated assault and violation of the Georgia Street Gang Act.

The fourth suspect, 18-year-old Kemonta Bonds of Mableton, turned himself in to police Tuesday afternoon.

Yeah that's a bad thing that happened. It's certainly all over the right-wing blogs and cheeseball righty "news" sites as some sort of "What about this then?" scenario. Zimmerman murdered a teenager and walked away and is now free. You think these kids are walking away from this?

The media controls what is presented on the news. I thought everyone knew that.

I thought you guys said the Zimmerman thing wasn't about race.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:36 pm

The Zimmerman/Martin thing hit the national news when it was still all about possible outcomes and charges waiting to be adjudicated. Those wanting it to be a racial outrage pushed it into a brighter spotlight. Yes, these fellas in the Chellew case will get burnt if they are guilty, but they get a blind eye from the national media. But isn't it a crime as worthy of note? People still hated Zimmerman loudly and nationally when they were certain he'd be convicted.

The Zimmerman thing isn't about race... And it is. Which half of the matter are you thinking of? Is Zimmerman a racist guilty of a racial hate crime? Only in the minds of those wishing to squeeze racial blood from a stone. Is the saga of the crime and the trial a racial thing? Hell yes, because of the race card pot stirrers, the lefty media and people who would call Zimmerman white because of a single white parent... But would never do the same to our president for a similar ratio.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 pm

And yeah, the right side of the web is covering the Chellew story. The left side fears that story. It rubs against the grain for them.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Ha ha ha, yeah actually no. No "fear" of the story.

It does play in to the right-wing indignation though. Oh the poor white people all getting murdered by those blacks all the time, but nobody wants to talk about it, right?

Do you know any black teenagers? Any black men or women? You may want to hear what the reality is for a young black guy these days.

As white men, we have it pretty easy.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 pm

If you're honest , you'd admit the media would snap up a Chellew like story with the racial make up flipped. The Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton commentary would be immediate. Questions would be asked about KKK leanings and the need for tougher hate crime laws.

If it was white on white, they'd put it on 48 Hours or Dateline NBC.

The lefty media has no interest in highlighting a non-protected class victim.

Actually, blacks kill more blacks than whites. The Chellew story isn't so interesting to us on the right because of the white victim. It's the victim being attacked by a group and run over after being left for dead that makes the story as awful in its result as the Martin death, if not more. Martin's tale is minority on minority violence twisted by politics into something we should be interested in, so says the usual race card flingers.

White guys do have it very easy. If I pointed out such hypocrisy on FB, my Minneapolitan friends list would shrink to a carload. So as a white intellectual honest fella, it's easy to get by... But I'm politically muffled in my social circles.

Boo hoo, eh? At least you get to hear some of what you're missing, here, right Zom?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 pm

No, I heard about the story around when it happened.

The media is not "lefty", it's owned by huge corporate interests.

Bad things happen all over the world, I tend to not focus on those things.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:12 am

Huge corporate interests do not keep the newsrooms of the lefty dominated media free from a dominant liberal message.

But that's another post.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:31 am

Nope, it's a conservative-controlled press. Follow the money.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:37 am

veinsplasher wrote:
we have to shoehorn a Hispanic man with a Black great grandfather into the role of racist, to make the death of a Black teen a monumental civil rights injustice.

2 points: 1, minorities are quite capable of being racist against other minorities. even their own minority! humans are wacky. (i realize this is a moot point (bonus points for ACTUALLY being a moot point and not just what people mistakenly call a moot point) if, in fact, racist bias was appropriately discredited as a hypothesis.)
2. the civil rights injustice is the whole "right to be alive and not chased down and shot" thing, not the black thing.

personally, i don't give a shit what race anybody was. zimmerman was a belligerent asshole who killed a kid, legally. apparently. i do not see why he is worth defending, save for by his counsel. even if he wasn't racist, even if treyvon was a homophobic idiot who responded to being chased down by acting tough or threatening (in other words, a teenager?), zimmerman is STILL a belligerent asshole who killed a kid, by his own account.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW

zom-zom wrote:
Nope, it's a conservative-controlled press. Follow the money.

The ADMs and Monsantos get a pass from the corporate nature of the press, sure, but the quality of news and commentary in big media on matters of politics and social matters skew left over and over.

And so Zimmerman makes the news countrywide and not Chellew's killers.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Sorry to see you've been reading the same nutcase blogs as fisty for your "news".

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:31 pm

zom-zom wrote:
Sorry to see you've been reading the same nutcase blogs as fisty for your "news".

Nah. I read Drudge, who draws news from all sources.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Like I said.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 pm

zom-zom wrote:
Like I said.

Links to all those neo-nazi blogs like Huffington Post, Slate, Politico and the Old Grey Lady.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 pm

veinsplasher wrote:
zom-zom wrote:
Like I said.

Links to all those neo-nazi blogs like Huffington Post, Slate, Politico and the Old Grey Lady.

hehe ZING!

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Shut up Junior
We'll call you when we need a batshit crazy troll
Let the adults talk

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! zing! :lol:

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]