View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NSA 

Post NSA
Obama Defends NSA, Says America Has To Make Choices Between Privacy And Security

Quote:
Obama: No warrantless wiretaps if you elect me

The front-running Democrat in the New Hampshire primary makes the promise in one last stump speech at an election day rally with the Facebook generation.
by Anne Broache
January 8, 2008

:lol: You'd have to be a real dumb sucker if you voted for this guy!

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Post Re: NSA
You voted for Bush and Romney. :lol:

Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:40 am

Amazing how everyone seems to suddenly care that the government is spying on us
It's like they all of a sudden started doing it once Obama got in office

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:27 am
Profile WWW

:lol: A lot of dumb suckers believed these words:

Quote:
This Administration also puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we demand. I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining our Constitution and our freedom.

That means no more illegal wire-tapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. And it is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists. The FISA court works. The separation of powers works. Our Constitution

works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary.

This Administration acts like violating civil liberties is the way to enhance our security. It is not. There are no short-cuts to protecting America, and that is why the fifth part of my strategy is doing the hard and patient work to secure a more resilient homeland.

Yup, just politics, with some banana republic mixed in. One has to wonder if Obama's guys in the NSA and the IRS are working together to take down political enemies? That would be the Chicago way.

More to come. :)
http://washingtonexaminer.com/edward-sn ... le/2531439

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 am

You're quite a fool if you think this is something new that Obama somehow came up with.

Even more foolish is thinking that if the idiot Romney had been elected that things would have been any different.

This goes back years and years. You're the dumb sucker that somehow thinks voting Republican would change anything.

But, Oh! The faux outrage!

:lol:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:05 am

Fail to connect the dots again zom? 8)

First, Obama promised NOT to do this to gullible low information TMZ/NPR voters like yourself. Second, W's scope was on foreign communications & didn't do it at the scale Obama is. 3rd, there is going to be more coming out about this. There is even a buzz about NSA info being used against Bachmann & others.

Of course you are prolly happy about that. racist, bigot, homophobic Obama sure doesn't care.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:28 pm

You're as smart as a bag of hammers. :lol:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Zom thinks Gitmo will be closed thx to the manchild! lol

Whoo hoo

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:08 pm

No, the difference here is that many of us who voted for Obama are quite disappointed and even angry about things he has done and is doing, while you simply were a cheerleader for each and every shitty thing Bush did, and he did a lot of shitty things. Even more than Obama.

But you just cheered the idiot on, because you are incapable of independent thought. You simply repeat the party line of the liars you vote for.

You are bag of hammers dumb.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:26 pm

At least I wasn't a box of hammers chump. 8)

Cmon zom, let's have a short agreement that the NSA sucks, but it's here to stay. But Bush never used any administrative arm to be used as political muscle like Obama has. IE: Banana Republic stuff.

For the record, 3 things that Bush did that pissed me off: new branch of Govt. Homeland Security, TARP & not sticking up for himself.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:22 pm

No, you're just repeating lies.

They're both liars, you just won't admit it.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Remember to throw franken in the mix:

“There are certain things that are appropriate for me to know that is not appropriate for the bad guys to know,” Franken said.

Yea, bad guys, like Libertarians, conservatives, ect... anyone that needs the scrutiny from his boys in the IRS.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/06/1 ... e-records/

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Conservatives are the chickenshits that are afraid of everything and "terrorists".

You guys are always promoting this garbage. You enjoy having a big brother watching over you.

Insane paranoid weirdos like you that eat up all the politically-charged bullshit about big bad Obama picking on the poor little Conservatives.. man you sure eat that Weekly World News quality shit up don't you? It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Quote:
On June 6th, Senator Al Franken (D-MN) called for FISA Court opinions to be made public when possible, and on Tuesday, he and a panel of bipartisan Senators made good on that call. This legislation would require the Attorney General to declassify significant Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC, aka FISA Court) opinions.

Senators Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Al Franken (D-MN), Mike Lee (R-UT), Patrick Leahy (D-VT), Dean Heller (R-NV), Mark Begich (D-AK), Jon Tester (D-MT), and Ron Wyden (D-OR) introduced the bill Tuesday that would offer more transparency to Americans regarding the government’s interpretation of the PATRIOT Act and Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

“Americans deserve to know how much information about their private communications the government believes it’s allowed to take under the law,” Merkley said in a statement. “There is plenty of room to have this debate without compromising our surveillance sources or methods or tipping our hand to our enemies. We can’t have a serious debate about how much surveillance of Americans’ communications should be permitted without ending secret law.”

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Sure zom, here what Funny Flip Flop man Franken said 6 years ago:

Quote:
They're trying to justify these warrantless wiretaps by saying, "Oh, it's al-Qaida!" One guy is saying it's just al-Qaida--the Hayden guy, and then on the other hand, you hear from the FBI that they were inundated with referrals on all kinds of stuff with these calls, so much so that they couldn't get to their real work, and that none of the referrals led anywhere.

I think it's a Roveian strategy: "We win on national security; we'll scare people, and then we'll just win."

lol! rove

At least Bachmann is consistent & didn't make her voters feel like chumps.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 pm

That's because the people who voted for Bachmann are absolute idiots. Just like she is, brainless freaks. They can't feel anything except homophobia and xenophobia mixed with hate.

Yet you keep defending this horrible and stupid person who is under investigation by the FBI.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Wow. You really have no where to run.
Keep cheerleading for the angry hate filled Franken then. He seems to know how to run his voters lives life better than they do.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 am

I agree, Franken is doing a great job representing his constituents and is a very intelligent and good person.

Bachmann is a crazy person who hates gays and pretty much anyone that does not agree with her twisted Dominionist version of Christianity.
Hopefully she'll serve time for her illegal activities. She is done politically.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 am

Obviously you are a bit flummoxed like many zombie libs. Your lack of support by the usual bunch is telling.
Even some hipsters are pissed off at franken now, funny to see how ol' tcpunkers are flip flopping like a knocked over bucket of minnows!

Data collection/wire tapping multiplied by %1000 by Obama.... your hero.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:53 am

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am

Let's see what the brilliant gem "Crazy uncle Joe" Biden said about the NSA 7 years ago:

You have to be a real chump to vote for this guy I guess! :lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:47 pm

I seem to remember a lot of people telling me I was paranoid when 9-11 happened and I said that the government will use this as an excuse to remove our liberties
Now you get to feel all of the paranoia that I have felt since 2001

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 pm
Profile WWW

I never said you were paranoid! But I see your point.
I think people have good reason to be paranoid now tho. This Admin has no qualms about using Govt. power to quash their enemies... (that is anyone not a Democrat.)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju ... ut-warrant

I have to admit that I never thought this country could stoop to Banana Republic levels like this in my life time.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I disagree with Rockula on this one. Just because it has been happening prior to this president, that doesn't mean it isn't STILL wrong. I don't think you can blame everything on the previous administration(s)- especially when we are knee-deep in a second term here.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

My point is not that it is OK because supposed liberal is doing it
My point is that we are never going back to a time when innocent people had nothing to fear from their government

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 pm
Profile WWW

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/30/opini ... ml?hp&_r=0

Well, thanks to this arrogant administration the world hates us even more! Germany, France, most of Europe...

Even the Mideast hates us after the Obama apology tour:

Hope & Change! :lol:

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 pm

And this:
Washington Post, Washington Post,
[A]cross this continent, many Africans wish Obama was more like Bush in his social and health policies, particularly in the fight against HIV/AIDS — one of the former president’s signature foreign policy aid programs. Bush poured billions of dollars into the effort to combat the spread of the disease that once threatened to consume a generation of young Africans, and as Obama has spent two days touring South Africa, the shadow of his predecessor has trailed him.

For once, Obama even felt compelled to praise Bush. And, reportedly, he’s considering a joint appearance in Tanzania with his predecessor.

Obama’s words have carried him far in America. But on matters of life and death, actions speak much louder than even Obama’s words. In South Africa, Bush’s actions helped reduce the HIV infection rate by 30 percent and put nearly 2 million people on antiretroviral drugs.

Obama, by contrast, produced a budget last year that reduces AIDS funding globally by roughly $214 million, the first time an American president has reduced the U.S. commitment to fighting the epidemic. He has proposed additional cuts for 2014.

Hillary Thulare of the AIDS Healthcare Foundation summarized the situation this way:

Knowing that Africa has many challenges, with fighting AIDS being one of the biggest challenges, we were really expecting President Obama to continue where President Bush had left off. But it’s been a disappointment. Obama is retreating on AIDS and, by this, retreating on Africa "

I guess you can say being a chump is an international thang! :)

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:00 pm

who knew that abstinence only education was such a help!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

In the meantime, fisty's Republican Conservative Team is enacting strict anti-women laws all over the nation.
Highly restrictive anti-abortion regulations created by old white men. Anti-gay stuff, anti-poor things, all sorts of stuff giving huge breaks to the rich and corporations, removing unemployment.. great job fisty! Your team is doing such great work!

Why do you hate the gays? Why do you support this stuff? And you do.. you are a Conservative Republican who marches in lockstep with this shit.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:20 pm

yeah, it should probably be pointed out that African countries tend to be pretty anti-gay rights and Obama is a vocal supporter.

Bush was....not.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

zom-zom wrote:
In the meantime, fisty's Republican Conservative Team is enacting strict anti-women laws all over the nation.
Highly restrictive anti-abortion regulations created by old white men. Anti-gay stuff, anti-poor things, all sorts of stuff giving huge breaks to the rich and corporations, removing unemployment.....

Anti.... poor things? Like Daytons higher taxes on cigs & internet sales for the stadium flop? And their jacking up of student loan interest? Democrats are the big buddies of corporate America Zom, way more than Republicans. It's a fact.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

btw: yawn, homophobe racist ect ect yawn yawn. :lol:

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm

2fisted wrote:
btw: yawn, homophobe racist ect ect yawn yawn. :lol:

yeah, homophobic policy is boring, let's just ignore it, even though it exists in the overwhelming majority of "your" republican base.

same for misogynistic policy, which you once again conveniently ignored. like, say, deliberately attempting to falsify data to get a vote passed. whee! we're the good guys apparently!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Yep, easy to ignore it. It's happening, and the Republicans are doing this.

Wisconsin, goggle-eyed idiot Walker wants women to have trans-vaginal ultrasounds. And you think it's great, fisty. Good job!

Less Government! More scopes up women's vaginas! Go Republicans! That's creating lots of jobs in WI!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:24 pm

i like dan savage's bon mott: "republicans want government smaller so that they can shove it up women's vaginas."

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

It's a good thing your Dem hero's are here to help defend the ladies!

oh! & this:

Monica Lewinsky lingerie, Clinton letters to be auctioned

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/0 ... z2XpwO8yAN
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/0 ... 372167032/

Brawwwharrr! I bet ol' Bubba already huffed on her panties! Poooor Hillary! :lol:

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:45 pm

to be clear, i think you just implicitly equated the systemic reduction of women's rights by "your side", (and very specifically by the guys you've endorsed on here) including virtual overturns of roe v. wade in n.dak and a recent illegal attempt in texas with a couple of guys who cheated on their wives. oh, and one who sent dirty pictures online.

pretty sure that makes you an asshole.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Lot's of Pro life Dems out there if we are talking abortion now. Oh well, while we are generalizing, we all know all Democrats are racist.
DFL Rep. Winkler tweets and deletes "Uncle Thomas" referencing Supreme Court Justice
http://www.startribune.com/politics/sta ... 78531.html

Didn't DaveS start an abortion thread awhile back? Look like a good time to use it... gentlemen?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 pm

zom-zom wrote:
Yep, easy to ignore it. It's happening, and the Republicans are doing this.

Wisconsin, goggle-eyed idiot Walker wants women to have trans-vaginal ultrasounds. And you think it's great, fisty. Good job!

Less Government! More scopes up women's vaginas! Go Republicans! That's creating lots of jobs in WI!

:lol: Ya know... when I "have something to say" I start a "thread" about the topic that interests me.

If this is about how Obamacare will pretty much tell women how they have to treat their own bodies & the NSA will be used to spy & monitor them, then you may be onto something!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:52 am

You don't get the point. "Lot's of pro life dems" (sic).. No. There are not "lots" of them, and they are not proposing these arcane laws telling women they must submit to invasive procedures.

That is the realm of the Republican party, which has turned into a group of dangerously insane religious zealots. And you're going along with this. You have yet to say that you disagree with their anti-women and anti-gay policies.

It doesn't matter what thread this stuff is in. This is happening now in Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, North Dakota and it's the Republican party that is responsible, the party you constantly champion on here.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:13 am

I get the point now, bush did more to fight AIDs in Africa than Obama and you can't stand it.
fanatic zelot yawn snore.. Seriously ? That all you got?

Oh look, trade negotiations on hold thx to Obama spying on our allies.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am

No, you never get the point.

The party you vehemently endorse is waging a campaign against women's and gay rights and you don't denounce it.
They want to stop gay marriage and they want to make abortion illegal. If you're a Conservative Republican you endorse this.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:54 am

You can't be mad about people having religious beliefs, can you? If they want to have a political party that is inline with their spiritual views then what's wrong with that? The vast majority of Christians believe that homosexuality is a medical oddity or a form of sexual deviancy which should be treated or punished, not accepted. Most Christians also believe that women are subserviant to men and that is their role as defined by God. The vast majority of Christians also believe that abortion is killing a baby and therefor murder. None of this is disputable, it's just part of their faith.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 am
Profile WWW

he can be mad about people wanting religious views turned into law. there's an amendment about that, don't cha know.

also, it's fucking stupid.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

And these zealots are actually are turning their religious views into law. It is happening, it has happened.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 pm

zom-zom wrote:
And these zealots are actually are turning their religious views into law. It is happening, it has happened.

zealots think the world is going to burn up due to a fantasy about global warming. & they are making us ALL pay for this with idiotic regulations and taxes... this is happening. It has happened. &... it's fucking stupid. 8)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 pm

No, that's not happening.

Now tell us why you support the Republican party's anti-gay and anti-woman platform, and their arcane abortion restrictions.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm

aaaand that one is straw man.

nobody thinks the "world is going to burn up due to ...global warming (sic)."

we've gone over this. over and over and over again and you still don't seem to act like it has set in.

you yourself have posted links showing evidence of man-made climate change, if that is what you are referring to, but that is, of course, not the conclusion of climate scientists. or lefty kooks, even. it's just your misguided interpretation of right-leaning idiot blogs.

we can show you actual evidence and quotes of "your side" (and, i should point out, you're the only one who has an actual side. zom and myself do not appear to - i'm no democrat, i don't think he is either, you've flat-out endorsed repubs on here.) initiating sharia law -er, whatever the xian version is called, i don't care, and you can show us...the straw man you yourself have already shown is just that - a figment of your imagination.

kudos, you're an idiot.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW

zom-zom wrote:
Now tell us why you support the Republican party's anti-gay and anti-woman platform, and their arcane abortion restrictions.

Why should I tell you anything? Can't you Just go ask your pals at the NSA or IRS what I think? I've got to run anyway, going to celebrate at Saloon w/ a STIFF DrINK with my SSI progress! No sex strike for me! :lol:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Sounds about right, why think when you can drink?

Pickle that brain some more, you have The Republican Party to think for you.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:37 pm

thosquanta wrote:
we can show you actual evidence and quotes of "your side" (and, i should point out, you're the only one who has an actual side. zom and myself do not appear to - i'm no democrat, i don't think he is either, you've flat-out endorsed repubs on here.)

To be fair, dishrag liberals often do not have the backbone to actually stand for something and choose a side.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

Nobody needs to choose a "side", that's a lame cop-out for those who cannot think for themselves.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:58 pm

correct. i do things like investigate evidence and think on my own on each individual issue rather than just pick a side.

saying "dishrag liberals often do not...choose a side" is a completely meaningless statement.

to be fair, tho, sometimes illiterate assholes make meaningless statements that include unsupported statistics like "often" or "a vast majority."

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Anyone that thinks they are not on a side is just kidding themselves. As long as I am on a "side" every one else is.... at least the vast majority is. :P But I'm just wondering why, almost on cue, Gay & Women issues got dumped on my topic? Is that what is getting everyone fired up on NPR or Media matters this week? Must be some made up push back due to the awful news about the NSA, Obamacare, the apology tour fail ect...

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:18 pm

No, I'm not on a "side". You are, and your side is the Republican party who is chipping away at the aforementioned rights.

You're apparently okay with this, and possibly your nutcase news blogs don't cover it but it's certainly a big national issue. I can tell by your continual repetition of several non-issues that you get your "news" from amateur angry bloggers.

Now, how about the anti-gay and anti-woman policies of your "side"? Why do you support politicians that are bringing their narrow and draconian religious views into lawmaking?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 pm

zom-zom wrote:
Now, how about the anti-gay and anti-woman policies of your "side"? Why do you support politicians that are bringing their narrow and draconian religious views into lawmaking?

Well, if you're talking about the Muslim Brotherhood side that beheads Gays on site & has no problem with beating women & that your guy Obama has supported & championed in: Iran, Syria, Egypt, Libya.. the list goes on. Then yes, I support my side & not yours.

Case closed! :lol:

Correction: Obama didn't support Muslim Bro. in Iran, but the extremist Leaders.

Last edited by 2fisted on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

No, you won't answer the question once again.

I don't support Obama, I don't go around saying how great he is and I have stated again and again that I don't like many of his policies. I'm not a Democrat and I'm not on a "side". Again you're coming up with garbage from nutcase bloggers to avoid the fact that you actively support and endorse a party and members of a party that are intent on creating an anti-woman, anti-gay, Dominionist Christian-run government.

I do not support the policies of the Obama administration that lead to the US being involved in any more wars.

But it does look like you do support these policies as you say you "support your side".

So you do support the anti-gay and anti-abortion agenda of the Republican party. Good to know. You should feel ashamed if you go to The Saloon.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 am

zom-zom wrote:
You should feel ashamed if you go to The Saloon.

:lol: We all do zom... we all do! Feel free to c'mon down, wave your arms in the air and shout "2fisted hates gays! 2fisted hates gays!" lol

btw what's up w/ all the Christain bashing? It's like so... 80's... yawn. Let it go dude, you can't dictate the narritive with me. I'm not a soft brained hipster trying to be loved. If it makes you feel better I am pro abortion like you, especialy late term!

Last edited by 2fisted on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 am

You admitted to supporting the Republican Party's anti-gay, anti-woman and anti-abortion platform.

That's all I needed to see. I know where you're coming from now.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:38 am

Help Me, O Lord My God
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

109:1 Be not silent, O God of my praise!
2 For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me,
speaking against me with lying tongues.
3 They encircle me with words of hate,
and attack me without cause.
4 In return for my love they accuse me,
but I give myself to prayer. [1]
5 So they reward me evil for good,
and hatred for my love.

Psalm 109

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:04 pm

thosquanta wrote:
correct. i do things like investigate evidence and think on my own on each individual issue rather than just pick a side.

saying "dishrag liberals often do not...choose a side" is a completely meaningless statement.

It's possible to investigate which side you join before you join it, ya know. Not mutually exclusive. Don't get so defensive!

And if that statement was meaningless it wouldn't have gotten you so whipped up. You would've just glossed over it like most people do with your posts. Clearly 'dishrag liberal' is a term you identify yourself with or you wouldn't have gotten your undies in a bunch.

It's ok to actually believe in something enough that you are willing to stand behind it. I know this is a strange concept for you, but you can actually STAND for something instead of just being mamby-pamby and making snarky comments about everything everybody says, does or believes. Take some time to study people who take a stand on something regardless of popularity or fashion and you might learn something. You may not agree with them, but you may at least be able to respect thier resolve.

Have a nice day!

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next