View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Egypt, Libia, Syria Unrest 

Post Re: Egypt, Libia, Syria Unrest
Rockula! wrote:
Amazing that a dictator was convinced to give up his chemical weapons peacefully and the conservatives call it a defeat.
I guess they'd rather have us destroy their government and then stay there for 10 years to clean up the mess
Sounds like the party of fiscal responsibility to me
Didn't you assholes learn what happened the last time we did that?

Assad gave up his WMD's? (the ones he got from Iraq & Russia) Who is going to look after them? Russia? lol
Only a low information NPR Lib would get raped in the ass & call it true love. lol

Our manchild peace prize prez got bitch slapped due to his own idiocy & the world knows it. He's like a small, laughing stock dupe on the world stage.

At least W had respect, and knew how to deal with the likes of Assad.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 am

:lol:

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:30 pm

2fisted wrote:
Our manchild peace prize prez got bitch slapped due to his own idiocy & the world knows it. He's like a small, laughing stock dupe on the world stage.

At least W had respect, and knew how to deal with the likes of Assad.

Actually George W Bush didn't have any respect when he was in office. His buffoonery is his legacy, actually. History will remember him as a bumbling fool who got into office on his fake country charm and his family's name while ruining foreign relations across the globe and tanking the economy in a mad quest to finish fighting his father's battles.

I suspect that President Obama will be remembered as a young, inexperienced politician who was swept into office on promises he ultimately lacked the political capital or leadership abilities to deliver on. His message, coupled with the history-making prospect of electing our first black president, resonated with Americans and allowed him to get in office- but once there he was more of the same only less productive. By early in his second term he was exposed as a warmonger and a fraud just like his predecessor. (Dems often are so sensitive about their stereotype of being weak bleeding hearts that when they get into office they like to overcompensate with tough-guy military action to prove that they aren't.)

At some point you need to stop pointing fingers outward and start pointing inward. It isn't George W Bush or Barack Obama that made this country a laughing stock- it's us. We ARE a laughing stock. We use our military and our economic/industrial power to get what we want and keep out citizens fat and placated. We're too stupid and desensitized to realize that the crappy film, TV, and music they trowel out to us isn't even new- it's all rehashed old ideas.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am
Profile WWW

I don't totally disagree w/ your observation, W certainly was not respected by the press. But he was by foreign countries even tho they hated him. (sigh... the good ol days)

I think it's great your all for pointing tour finger inward Ether, why don't you throw a few names out there of political leaders you think are worthy of your support??? :D

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am

2fisted wrote:
I think it's great your all for pointing tour finger inward Ether, why don't you throw a few names out there of political leaders you think are worthy of your support??? :D

Well, that's not really pointing fingers inward so I don't know what connection you are stretching to make here.... but anyhoo

You want names of politicians I support when I have repeatedly expressed a belief that the system is fundementally broken? I believe I've also explained that good people are no longer attracted to political office as they once were. Why would an excellent, honest, decent person run for office? To have their family harassed and their name drug through the dirt? To ruin their reputation? To polarize everyone they know? Most people feel it's not worth it to sacrifice so much for the 'reward' of working as part of an ineffective government which clings to a broken system to pass compromised legislation that satisfies nobody. To run for any major office you have to be as slimy as the slime that's already in there. Good guys (and gals) finish last in politics.

That being said there are people in politics at the lower levels who are worthy of support. They actually care about their communities and try to vote intelligently and represent their constituents. You know... the way it's supposed to be. Alicia Ascheman from Pine City shows promise. Major John Inks shows promise. I liked Ron Paul (his son doesn't do quite as much for me, but I'm listening).

In general, I'm attracted to candidates that either have a narrow focus on issues that matter to them, or want sweeping reform in areas that matter to me. I love politicians that are ACTUALLY in favor of term limits and election reform. How many of those are there? Not a lot.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 am
Profile WWW

Ether wrote:
I love politicians that are ACTUALLY in favor of term limits and election reform. How many of those are there? Not a lot.

I think we have some commonality with Rand, I hope he runs for prez, & he seems to be a true reformer type. But... well, if there where no "buts" he wouldn't be human.

Bachmann is pro term limits, just like Wellstone was... until he got elected.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:34 pm

I very much liked Wellstone! and actually met the guy on a couple of occasions- and on both occasions he remembered my name. Impressive.

Sure, Shelly Bachmann is for term limits - on ABORTIONS! Whoa ZING!

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

[url=
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6f10930c ... z2k8Q1V8mQ]Egypt turns to Russia as relations with Washington sour[/url]

Wow, gj Obama Hillary, even the Germans and Brazilians think we suck now too. Does the U.S. have any allies left? Think Guam still respects us? :lol:

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4