View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 But... but... media bias is just a myth, right? 

Post But... but... media bias is just a myth, right?
Even Harvard Finds The Media Biased

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle ... 8786575124

"Journalism: The debate is over. A consensus has been reached. On global warming? No, on how Democrats are favored on television, radio and in the newspapers."

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:48 am

I can't trust those smarmy Harvard eggheads
Seriously though
The media is only dealing with the material given them
I guess it's hard not to paint Republicans as sleazy lying sociopaths with a blank check to do whatever they want when they act like sleazy lying sociopaths with a blank check

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

I cannot imagine for the life of me how Crazy McCain, Ghouliani, any member of the Bush Crime Family, or the dozens of sex-crazed Republicans who vote for Moral Conservative Values while having Public Toilet Sex could be portrayed negatively by any member or branch of the media.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:06 pm

it's hard to sell advertising to religious wackos. democrats (see also, young, educated, urbanites) buy more than anyone else. everything the entertainment industry puts out is there to sell something. that includes the news.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: But... but... media bias is just a myth, right?
veinsplasher wrote:
Even Harvard Finds The Media Biased

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle ... 8786575124

"Journalism: The debate is over. A consensus has been reached. On global warming? No, on how Democrats are favored on television, radio and in the newspapers."

Yep, every time I fire up Fox News, all I see is them sucking democrat cock, left and right.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

i think its hard NOT to have a leftist slant with the increasingly narrow vision of the right.

i mean, teaching evolution is considered leftist, for chrissakes.

sex ed? commie pinko propaganda.

they're still on the fence about gravity at least.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

they're still on the fence about gravity at least.

Gravity is a liberal farce. We know the truth about Intelligent Falling!

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile WWW

i think its hard NOT to have a leftist slant with the increasingly narrow vision of the right.

bingo. Can you imagine the 10 o'clock news sounding like a combination of O'Reilly and the 400 club? As "leftist", I don't think much of mainstream news media myself.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:35 pm
Profile YIM

the only news source i trust is the onion.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: But... but... media bias is just a myth, right?
Luno wrote:
Yep, every time I fire up Fox News, all I see is them sucking democrat cock, left and right.

Itty bitty sliver of the media. Even the stale ratings of Katie Couric beat them by miles.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:05 pm

I like find this right-bashing refreshing compared to the usual nonsense about media bias being a hysterical myth.

:)

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:10 pm

Maybe people are sick of being fucked up the ass by the curent administration?
Jesus
Next thing you know, you'll be calling the founding fathers "King Haters"
Wake the fuck up
How arrogant can you be when people shed light on your criminal activities and you fucking complaoin about it?
How dare you question the president!?

Last edited by Rockula! on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Gee
I wonder why no one is watching Fox news then

my dad does. when he visits we fight over watching cnn or fox. lol

hes a jewish republican.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:15 pm
Profile WWW

Gee

In the grand scheme... no one is. In the battle of cable news, a lot of people are.

Same with right-wing radio. In terms of all media... it's nothing. In terms talk radio, it's tops.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Right bashing?

My apologies. I wasn't complaining.

Choose one from the list:

bashing
airing
venting
testifying
highlighting
outing
or whatever the f*ck

I like it.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 pm

thosquanta wrote:

I like find this right-bashing refreshing compared to the usual nonsense about media bias being a hysterical myth.

:)

it's a matter of perspective, and semantics. Just because the news isn't tilted to the right, does not automatically mean it's tilted toward the left. And, the further right you are, the more left leaning it will seem. To me, corporate media can never really be "liberal" in any sense other than lip service.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:29 pm
Profile YIM

it's a matter of perspective, and semantics. Just because the news isn't tilted to the right, does not automatically mean it's tilted toward the left. And, the further right you are, the more left leaning it will seem.

It can be a matter of perspective, at times, sure... but many examples are nice and specific.

drok wrote:
To me, corporate media can never really be "liberal" in any sense other than lip service.

Anti-corporate attitudes can tweak perspective, too.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 pm

Rockula! wrote:
Gee

my dad does. when he visits we fight over watching cnn or fox. lol

he's a jewish republican.

Joining such fine people as Roy Cohn, and Henry Kissinger.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

So why is the "liberal media" giving McInsane a free ride? Why doesn't he get anything but comments on being a "maverick" (that's a laff and a half) and easy questions?

You don't hear much about things like, say this nice, verifiable quote:

n his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

That's the sort of goon you want in charge?

Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:26 pm

So why is the "liberal media" giving McInsane a free ride?

Sometimes they do. He's been a thorn in the side of of some on the right, so he's proved useful.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:14 pm

So why is the "liberal media" giving McInsane a free ride? Why doesn't he get anything but comments on being a "maverick" (that's a laff and a half) and easy questions??

Well first, they (your liberal media) helped put him where he is at, just like Obama. The media (80% democrat voters) know that thier canididates are losers & suck, so if Mccain wins at least they think he is a soft conservitive. Don't you remember how badly the media wanted him instead of W? Why the obsessive terror of Mcain? He sacrificed for our freedom, he has nothing to hide, reformed finance law.
Be real man, Mcain has proven to work w/ both sides, Obama is bitter & totaly partisam. He has no experience. btw, is this the 4th or 5th message board you have posted that rumored quote on?

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:31 pm

FTR, *none* of the current presidential candidates have experience at being president. So "experience" is a moot point and I'm sick of it being brought up as if it counted for something. Come up with another straw man.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

The biggest thing wrong with Obama is that he is a Chicago politician. That government has been a cesspool for generations.

All news media has bias, one way or another. Most of us are equipped with a special bias filter called a brain. If this filter is unable to handle the bias, its owner should not consume the news media.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 am

n his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

geez. now i wanna vote for him. thanks, zom.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 am
Profile YIM WWW

Ha, McCombover is no "hero". He crashed several planes and got captured, then sang like a bird. He's a piece of shit.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:20 am

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:29 am

Tpaw is a piece of shit too.

Yep.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:30 am

(your liberal media) ... The media (80% democrat voters)

"Democrat" and "liberal" are not synonymousm, any more than "conservative" and "Republican" are. Stop conflating them, and then maybe your (largely empty and superficial) jingoist political rhetoric will start sounding a bit more cohesive.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:11 pm
Profile YIM

2fisted wrote:
(your liberal media) ... The media (80% democrat voters)

"Democrat" and "liberal" are not synonymousm, any more than "conservative" and "Republican" are. Stop conflating them, and then maybe your (largely empty and superficial) jingoist political rhetoric will start sounding a bit more cohesive.

Nah, he just repeats what he's told to.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:12 pm

Nah, he just repeats what he's told to.

Actually, that seems to be the case with the majority of "conservatives." They parrot the false information given to them by Fox news and Talk radio. It's almost a "gimme" for progressives.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Actually, that seems to be the case with the majority of "conservatives." They parrot the false information given to them by Fox news and Talk radio. It's almost a "gimme" for progressives.

It seems to be the case with the majority of "liberals", laying blanket statements on the "majority of conservatives", that the "majority" of "conservative" information must be, by its very sources, "false" without intellectually honest arguments proving this to be the case.

Tired crap.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:46 pm

Anyone with half a brain should be able to identify conservative misinformation. And it isn't hard to counter because it's based on tired, jingoist rhetoric.

Hell, on the way home the other day I flipped on that bastion of American "liberty," The Patriot. I don't know the name of the self-righteous fuck that goes into apoplectic fits around 7-8pm, but he was talking about the Iraq war and how important it was to our protection from terrorism as though none of the facts to the contrary ever existed. I was beside myself listening to the moron speak indignantly about how Liberals (if you're a conservative you have to sneer the word through your teeth as though you were saying the "N" word) "want the terrorists to win" and how they weaken the country and make it a target and how they're on the side of the people who crashed into the World Trade Center. I hear this sort of tripe out of the mouths of all the blowhards, Limbaugh, Hannity, that Jason Lewis ignoramus. Almost nothing these people say is at all true, and yet conservatives buy into it all hook line and sinker.

I'm convinced that conservatives just love being angry and indignant at everything and everyone that doesn't share their "support the rich and fuck the disadvantaged in the ass" belief system. That's what conservatism is all about. Prove me wrong. I dare you. And do it without the "sense of entitlement," "individual liberty," "everything trickles down," "the entire liberal media undermining the country" hogwash that's been discredited time and again. That would be a breath of fresh air.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:08 am

Almost nothing these people say is at all true

Like I said... intellectual honesty. Your assertions takes a big hit in the 'nads, based on that quoted statement alone.

Proof of plenty.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:13 am

:lol: Democrats are so bitter when they are are backed into a corner, the facts just never seem to work for them.
But I still love them!
Hey! Mccain bombed babies for FUN too btw!

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:19 am

Democrats are so bitter when they are are backed into a corner

Ah, what would you know?! You're seeing things through your "angry and indignant" filter.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:21 am

Are you a liberal devil? Isn't Mccain great?

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:23 am

I have yet to see you make an intellectual argument about anything. Pretty much all you've ever done is deflect things the way you're deflecting me now.

So you deny that conservative pundits/talk show hosts are hate-spewing, indignant morons? That's an easy win for me. Give me a little time to put the info together and I'll post show times and stations for every one of them so people (who haven't already) can hear it for themselves. Hell, maybe I can find soundclips online. Amazing you would even challenge this.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:24 am

I have yet to see you make an intellectual argument about anything. Pretty much all you've ever done is deflect things the way you're deflecting me now.

I think most would agree with me that conservitives are generaly happier than liberals no matter what they do for a living. Why do you think Democrats want bigger govt. to control our lives? Because they are not happy with thier own perhaps? & there is no deflection, you can either learn from the words I give you to find the truth or not.

Here is somthing you can read over a nice caffine free pepsi, sleep tight!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351353,00.html

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:42 am

I have yet to see you make an intellectual argument about anything.

Again... a blanket statement? I think I put in more effort in the boards past than you've noticed while you've rattled "neocons" and "Fox News" gibberish out of your keyboard.

devil wrote:
So you deny that conservative pundits/talk show hosts are hate-spewing, indignant morons?

Yes I do, because that question is flawed in four big ways. First, it suggests that all of them are "hate-spewing, indignant morons". Second, it suggests that "hate-spewing, indignant morons" don't ever talk sense. Then, it pretends that politically partisan venom only roosts n the right side of the media. Lastly, your idea of what constitutes "hate" is possibly just you labeling a viewpoint different than your own.

devil wrote:
That's an easy win for me. Give me a little time to put the info together and I'll post show times and stations for every one of them so people (who haven't already) can hear it for themselves. Hell, maybe I can find soundclips online. Amazing you would even challenge this.

If you post 15 clips of angry conservative blather, and I post 15 clips of angry liberal blither... who wins? And if you post 15 clips of conservatives talking like fools on the issues, and I post 15 clips of reasoned conservative commentary... what then?

This is as silly as the challenge against there being a liberal media. How many examples would prove such a thing?

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:45 am

<a href="http://www.newamericancentury.org/Bushletter.htm">Conservatism</a>, on display.

There's so much wrong with the Conservative philosophies on, well, pretty much everything but let's start with the bloodthirsty nature of the Neo-Con cult and how, as much as Cons like to play the whole "tax-and-spend-liberal" card, they cut taxes for their rich buddies (every time) and increase the burden on the middle class (every time) while spending and spending and spending, raising the debt to a ridiculous amount. I really believe that, as much as they claim to like "liberty," "democracy" and "America," they are bound and determined to sell us all to China. If Conservatism is allowed into power, there won't be an America for very long. Conservatives sell us out. Plain and simple. The proof is in the pudding. Debt piled upon debt piled upon debt. No one accrues debt like a Conservative.

Anyway, all this "terrorists must be killed" nonsense.

These people actually believe we can kill all the terrorists. And we'll bankrupt the nation in doing so. They don't seem to care. There is not a finite number of terrorists. In fact, the more we bloodthirstily campaign against "terrorism" by invading/occupying other nations, the more terrorists we create. They are emboldened by our actions in Iraq. All we're succeeding in doing is recruiting newer, younger terrorists. We've exhausted our armed forces and not even provided them with all the necessary tools to perform vital functions. This campaign against terrorism has claimed more American lives than the terrorists have killed on our soil. The blood is on the hands of the Neo-Cons. And apparently, our own numbers show that our efforts have only succeeded in allowing a dramatic rise in global terrorism, as reported in <a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/26/AR2005042601623.html">the Washington Post</a> (awwww, I mean, the liberal media. Bastards).

So how much has the war cost us? Do you know? How is it going to be paid for? Do you know? How much safer has it made us? Do you know? This is what happens when we allow conservatism to take hold of the country. These people are the ones that should be imprisoned for crimes against humanity. The evidence is there for the whole world to see. But of course, the way the rest of the world looks at us doesn't matter to the conservatives. We can kill them all! Except for the fact that our military resources are badly drained and we've misused them to a criminal degree. Conservatism weakens America. Not liberalism. Apparently, conservatives don't have the stranglehold on common sense that they've always claimed.

Not that that comes as any kind of surprise.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:47 am

For an explanation as to how Conservatism is selling out America through massive debt, click in this <a href="http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm">Liberally-biased link</a>. Call Liberals tax-and-spend all you want, as long as we can call Conservatives spend-and-spend.

But then, I hate America. Otherwise I wouldn't be mentioning it.

My favorite quotes occur when Conservatives tell me how Conservatism just hasn't been properly applied yet, in an effort to explain why every time a Conservative comes into power it's a total failure.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:05 am

Should I keep going, issue by issue? I've got all night. Or is there a specific issue you want to address?

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:05 am

Cons like to play the whole "tax-and-spend-liberal" card

Because it's proven accurate often. Both Hillary and Obama are fancy dancing around their plans for more spending and increased taxes.

devil wrote:
they cut taxes for their rich buddies

Because, for instance (as they Obama stammered over last night), a capital gains tax cut has proven to increased government revenues. A fact that irks some to no end. So do taxes get cut... or are revenues just being raised?

devil wrote:
and increase the burden on the middle class

I don't know that that lies at the feet of any particular part of the government or economy... or if it's even true. It's a bad American habit to tie both prosperity and economic failure too tightly to the administration of the day.

devil wrote:
while spending and spending and spending, raising the debt to a ridiculous amount

If this truly matters to you, you must be voting for McCain, right? While Obama and Hillary offer a very good chance at new, burdensome government programs, McCain offers some chance at only keeping things as bad as theyare.

devil wrote:
Conservatism weakens America. Not liberalism.

Because the war on poverty kicked so much ass? Because the programs of Roosevelt and Johnson were so golden? Because Carter was an economic whiz? Because the left's hold on our schools has made us the educational envy of the world? Because Gore and Kerry would have made things so great? So much so that we've scrapped them for new models?

devil wrote:
Apparently, conservatives don't have the stranglehold on common sense that they've always claimed.

Nope. Depends on which issue on what day.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 am

My favorite quotes occur when Conservatives tell me how Conservatism just hasn't been properly applied yet, in an effort to explain why every time a Conservative comes into power it's a total failure.

Same quote they use for Communism.

I'd say it's Capitalism that hasn't been properly applied in a while. Hopefully that it isn't a right or left idea in any permanent way.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:08 am

Should I keep going, issue by issue? I've got all night. Or is there a specific issue you want to address?

Tell me again how we're not overtaxed.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:09 am

A 1994 study by Thomas Neubig and Perry D. Quick showed that taxes in the United States are lower as a percentage of its economy (as measured by the gross domestic product) than in any of the other seven major industrial nations. And while other countries' tax burdens have increased substantially over the past 25 years, that of the U.S. has remained relatively constant.
Neubig says developments since 1991 have changed the specific figures, but not the thrust of his original study
New OECD figures also show that the marginal tax rate--or top rate on individual taxes--is lower for Americans than it is for taxpayers in any of America's trading partners except Britain:
Total Government Tax Revenues as a Percentage of Gross Domestic Product

1965 1970 1975 1980 1985 1990 1991
France 34.5 35.1 36.9 41.7 44.5 43.8 44.2
Italy 25.5 26.1 26.2 30.2 34.5 39.1 39.7
Germany 31.6 32.9 36.0 38.2 38.1 36.8 39.2
Canada 25.9 31.3 32.4 31.6 33.1 37.0 37.3
Britain 30.4 36.9 35.5 35.3 37.8 36.7 36.0
Japan 18.3 19.7 20.7 25.4 27.6 31.4 30.9
United States 25.8 29.2 29.0 29.3 28.7 29.5 29.8

Source: <a href="http://www.oecd.org/home/0,2987,en_2649_201185_1_1_1_1_1,00.html">Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development</a>

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:49 am

A 1994 study by Thomas Neubig and Perry D. Quick showed that taxes in the United States are lower as a percentage of its economy (as measured by the gross domestic product) than in any of the other seven major industrial nations.

Yeah, yeah... and other states have higher taxes than MN. Is this a measure of overtaxation? Nope. Overtaxation is when your high tax friendly populations say "the bridge fell!" and "we have people without health care!", but we continue to find money in the budget for "nice to haves". Until we have all these crisis needs met, shouldn't the "nice to haves" be back-burnered? And this is before we address government bloat, duplication of services and government waste.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:50 am

For an explanation as to how Conservatism is selling out America through massive debt, click in this <a href="http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm">Liberally-biased link</a>. Call Liberals tax-and-spend all you want, as long as we can call Conservatives spend-and-spend.

- An administration with an underused veto pen doesn't govern alone. For every maniac spender on the GOP side, there's a Democrat contingent in the government exacerbating, helping or supporting the spending.

- A high spending conservative element does not make the phrase "liberals love to tax and spend" either false, or an underrepresented truth. Break down government spending proposals by politician and see what you get. Just as Fox News and Talk Radio are singled out for their non-lefty leanings in the media world, high spending Conservatives in government are newsworthy because we know this isn't what we'd expect to see.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:59 am

Ah, I see. So even when it is the Conservatives' fault, it's actually the Liberals' fault.

Makes sense, I guess. Exactly as I expected.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Ah, I see. So even when it is the Conservatives' fault, it's actually the Liberals' fault.

Makes sense, I guess. Exactly as I expected.

Nope... the fault falls on both sides.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Why do you think Democrats want bigger govt. to control our lives? Because they are not happy with thier own perhaps? & there is no deflection, you can either learn from the words I give you to find the truth or not.

Hilarious, seeing as your Republican Government of criminals has created the LARGEST GOVERNMENT THE USA HAS EVER HAD.

And you give us a link to Faux News for "information". Face it fisty, your "team" is dying rapidly.

Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:37 pm

So you deny that conservative pundits/talk show hosts are hate-spewing, indignant morons? That's an easy win for me. Give me a little time to put the info together and I'll post show times and stations for every one of them so people (who haven't already) can hear it for themselves. Hell, maybe I can find soundclips online. Amazing you would even challenge this.

Listen to Shawn Hannidy sometime. He's a conservative that isn't about the yelling and screaming and blaming liberals all the time. He's actually pretty fair and level-headed. Also try listening to the Phil Hendrie's show which is hilarious and very well done.

What you are missing is that those people who yell and scream about liberals wanting the terrorists to win are the ones that get the ratings and therefor the attention. They are just the most visible. Limbaugh being their master.

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Liberal censorship at the Knollwood Mall:

Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:29 pm

TV One to cover Democratic convention -- but not Republican
TCA -- Given Barack Obama's historic run for the Oval Office, African American-themed cable network TV One plans to break from its usual entertainment programming to provide extensive coverage of the Democratic National convention in August.

"Sen. Barack Obama running for president is a huge deal for TV One as it is for the African American community," said Johnathan Rodgers, president and CEO of TV One, a channel in about 40 million homes. "African Americans have fallen in love with his candidacy, his family … we will be covering the democratic convention all the time."

But John McCain shouldn’t expect the same treatment. The network doesn’t plan any coverage of the Republican convention.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/07/tv-one-to-cover.html

No bias here! :lol:

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:21 pm

As someone who works in Talk Radio for a living and spends countless hours listening to talk radio I think I have a few opinions here to share.

IMNSHO:
Rush Limbaugh- pompas, arrogant, full of name calling, likes to hear himself speak and regularly puts down his callers who are on his side most of the time.
Sean Hannity- Mega Dittos to quote EIB Master Limbaugh.
Al Franken- More of the same just from the other side of the fence.

If you want to have some one listen to talk radio to see your point of view your best option for a conservative host who researches all facts from all sides, is truely balanced and fair, limits name calling, and will admit when he is wrong; then you only real option is to turn them to listen to Jason Lewis on FM 100.3 KTLK from 4-7pm M-F.

And no I do not work for Jason Lewis or KTLK.

BTW if you haven't figured it out yet I used to consider myself a conservative in the past, now that the Republican party is a bunch of RINOs I will not use that term any longer.
I now consider myself a Revolutionist- for the protection of Life, Liberty and the Consititution of the United States of America.
America is no longer a democracy or nor is our economy capitalism.
We are a dictatorship, run by all three branches of government who are funded by those who rule the economy and will force us into a dictoral-socialist society.
Your media is biased. The same people who fund the campaigns and the lobbies are the same ones who own the media outlets.
So wake up and quit fighting with each other and start fight against the one true enemy you all have.
Until you do they will continue to control you and take away your liberty.
Research the wording of the original documents of the constitution and find out how much you have been decieved.
Thanks for the opportunity to rant.
If any of you are interested in getting together for in person discussion and political debate some time let me know, I would love to.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile WWW

America is no longer a democracy or nor is our economy capitalism.
We are a dictatorship, run by all three branches of government who are funded by those who rule the economy and will force us into a dictoral-socialist society.

This is probably a candidate for a thread of its own, but just the other day I was pondering what the big-picture repercussions of increased fuel costs would be. Once interstate travel is no longer affordable because of the price of fuel, the state and local governments and businesses will start getting their sh*t together and taking the reins.

It's only a matter of time before the state&local entities start to notice that the FEDERAL government is just taking their local money and wasting it (e.g. rebuilding neighborhoods that are already below sea level, rebuilding Iraq, corporate tax incentives to outsource jobs to China, etc ad nauseum).

Eventually we'll have separate republics (and confederacies =) of states forming to manage things themselves, and telling the federal government to buzz off. That's my prediction.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm

This is probably a candidate for a thread of its own, but just the other day I was pondering what the big-picture repercussions of increased fuel costs would be. Once interstate travel is no longer affordable because of the price of fuel, the state and local governments and businesses will start getting their sh*t together and taking the reins.

It's only a matter of time before the state&local entities start to notice that the FEDERAL government is just taking their local money and wasting it (e.g. rebuilding neighborhoods that are already below sea level, rebuilding Iraq, corporate tax incentives to outsource jobs to China, etc ad nauseum).

Eventually we'll have separate republics (and confederacies =) of states forming to manage things themselves, and telling the federal government to buzz off. That's my prediction.

http://www.okhouse.gov/51LEG/Leg_Votesx ... h01983.txt

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:37 pm

why would corporations want us to become a socialist society?

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:31 pm
Profile YIM

socialism is a step in that direction.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 834 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next