View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
 Our first woman Prez. 

Post Our first woman Prez.
I Condoleezza Rice, do solemny swear.... ;)

A few books have been floating around & a tv show to boot on this subject. I think there may be many forces in the works that point to a woman prez canidate. Like Maggi T was for Britton, It just may be time for the U.S.. As a conservitive I like Rudi, Ahnold, Jeb... but I realy like Condi. & she would smear Hilllary all over the cookie sheet. ;p

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:53 am

(i already have a fifty dollar bet going that Hillary WILL run in 2008...

...I already know what to spend it on!)

Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:35 am
Profile WWW

money says that condi will NOT run

And who does the person you bet the money with think will run?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:55 pm

money says that condi will NOT run

I think you're right, although it would be a very interesting race if she did.

Lenin wrote:

I keep on saying that the only way the Democrats will win the presidency back is if they nominate a southerner...I assume that Bill was born in the South, but does anyone know where Hillary was raised? And has becoming New York's Senator eliminated her chances of appealing to southerners as one of them? I'd love to see an approval poll on her broken down by region, including New York.

from a CNN website:
While Bush's slide in approval rating continues, a former resident of the White House, Sen. Hillary Clinton, saw her poll numbers rise.

According to the poll, 68 percent of respondents said they feel Clinton is a strong and decisive leader, and 60 percent said they view the Democratic senator from New York as likable.

On the other hand, 51 percent said Clinton -- a potential Democratic candidate for president in 2008 -- did not share their values, and 53 percent said she would not unite the country.

Bush's slumping approval ratings seemed directly tied to the war in Iraq...

above from: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/08/bush.poll/

Sooo...if Hillary runs, can she win? Why or why not?

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:05 pm

Sooo...if Hillary runs, can she win? Why or why not?

Sure she can win, she has all the right people to guide her through, & 99% of Hollywood. She has election experience & knows the ins & outs of Washington (a very different world from ours.) BUT her closet... ew! & to be treated like that by her hubbie? OH MY!

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:41 am

Hilary wouldn't stand a chance of winning. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I don't believe it's even feasible for her to run. The same goes for Condi. She wouldn't win in a hundred years.

Face it, Rudy Giuliani will be your next President. I can almost guarantee it.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:32 am

I really hope both sides run new faces, but it won't happen.

Multi-state primary elections for dems AND republicans is going to be tiresome and sickening.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:32 am

Post Re: Our first woman Prez.
2fisted wrote:
I Condoleezza Rice, do solemny swear.... ;)

A few books have been floating around & a tv show to boot on this subject. I think there may be many forces in the works that point to a woman prez canidate. Like Maggi T was for Britton, It just may be time for the U.S.. As a conservitive I like Rudi, Ahnold, Jeb... but I realy like Condi. & she would smear Hilllary all over the cookie sheet. ;p

You're out of your mind if you really believe that the USA would vote for a black, woman, "bachelorette". You really like some real losers there, fisty. Arnold? He's doing a terrible job in California. Jeb? Yeah, right. Another idiot branch of the Bush Crime Family. And Rudy? Give me a break. He was hated until he took advantage of the big bombing.

None of those clowns would make a decent president any more than your beloved idiot Bush. Unfortunately, with the last two elections we've seen how stupid the majority of Americans are. Next president will probably be a king.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:49 am

Untrue. Giuliani is a proven leader who is quite loved in NY and was before 9/11. He turned that state around and cleaned it up like a man on a mission (I hail from NY and most of my family still resides there - none are Republicans but all admire and respect the man).

I honestly can't think of one visible Democratic, or Liberal for that matter (regardless of party affiliation), candidate that I would consider a viable candidate for the Presidency.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:36 pm

I honestly can't think of one visible Democratic, or Liberal for that matter (regardless of party affiliation), candidate that I would consider a viable candidate for the Presidency.

Was Clinton all that "visible" before the candidates announced back in '91? I honestly don't recall.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:50 pm

Was Clinton all that "visible" before the candidates announced back in '91? I honestly don't recall.

Nope, it was Jerry brown & Tsongas. But Clinton got to be known & loved big time when the media found out he was into cheating on his wife.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:52 pm

zom-zom wrote:
You're out of your mind if you really believe that the USA would vote for a black, woman, "bachelorette". You really like some real losers there, fisty. Arnold? He's doing a terrible job in California. Jeb? Yeah, right. Another idiot branch of the Bush Crime Family. And Rudy? Give .

Condi is no loser, she has delt w/ some powerfull world leaders & has fought her way to the top. As for the other "losers", they have all soundly beat your "losers".

If it's a woman vrs woman, the conservitive woman will win imo. Notice Hillary pull to the right?

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:59 pm

I don't "have" anyone. Bush is a loser. Condoleeza is a toady. I suppose she's smart, but she has a bizarre hairdo, no sense of humour, and she's evil. Unlikeable.

She hasn't "dealt" with world leaders, and she's not one of them. Never will be. "Fought" her way to the top? I don't think any fighting was involved, just the usual back-scratching.

I seem to remember all the scandal shit with Rudy just before 9-11, and how quickly it was forgotten afterwards.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Yeah, Zom has a good point here. Rudy had some marital problems if my sources are correct, and hell folks, when aren't they?

However, I doubt it will matter much. Personal indescretion seems to be a badge of honor these days. It's really hilarious, actually. If I democrat is caught cheating, pro family conservatives will call him anit family, but if a conservative is caught cheating, they'll pass it off as a "mistake" or that you can't judge a man by a single indiscrition or some crap like that.

Idol worshippers, the lot of them.

You know it will be interesting. I'll finally be able to vote during the next election. I wonder if I'll see a candidate I don't aboslutely hate.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:37 am
Profile YIM WWW

Marital troubles? Mistresses? Those aren't important things people care about anymore. Everyone on TV has something going on on the side. And so do a helluva lot of people who aren't on TV.

Jeez Zom, don't start getting all Konservative on me and start talking about things like "character" and such.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:47 pm

I suppose she's smart, but she has a bizarre hairdo, no sense of humour, and she's evil. Unlikeable.

I think somone is in luuuuuuuuuve!

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:17 am

...And who does the person you bet the money with think will run?

He has NO bloody Idea right now. He's considering paying me now, but I told him to wait for the real results.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:09 am
Profile WWW

Marital troubles? Mistresses? Those aren't important things people care about anymore. Everyone on TV has something going on on the side. And so do a helluva lot of people who aren't on TV.

Jeez Zom, don't start getting all Konservative on me and start talking about things like "character" and such.

Oh, I don't give a rat's ass about that stuff. I didn't care when Clinton was getting
blow-jobs by girls back then and I don't care that Rove is getting them from boys now.

It's just that the people that wanted to impeach Clinton for a bit of dallying are the same ones that turn their head, so to speak, when the dally-er is one of their own. And "they" want to hold up Rudy like he's some sort of fucking saint, when he's just another scumbag with an enormous ego and feelings of grandeur.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:04 am

RIght now I'd give half-and half that Condi will be in jail during the 2008 election because of her role in the Plame affair as the National Security Advisor. A job she has been famously terrible at, just like her 'husband' the Prez.

Condi is not a strong leader. Her entire career is based on the favoritism of the right wing and her ability to say and do anything to please her surperiors.

I find it amazing that the righties think Condi is such a great Prez candidate. I think it has to do with how they like the idea of a Black woman running for the office instead of the actual person they are refering to is/is not a good presidential candidate. You honestly think a black woman would be able to get votes from southern whites?

The next few months will be interesting. It seems that most of the present Republican leadership at the national level is going to be sweating prison terms for what they have done the last five years or so.

I'm kinda burned out on politics lately from watching all the corruption, and stark incompetence from both sides of the isle.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:17 pm

I find it amazing that the righties think Condi is such a great Prez candidate. I think it has to do with how they like the idea of a Black woman running for the office instead of the actual person they are refering to is/is not a good presidential candidate. You honestly think a black woman would be able to get votes from southern whites?

Maybe lots of southern whites would refuse to vote for a black woman (this is mostly the same group that would also prefer a male candidate over a female), but southern blacks might jump at the chance. It would depend on whether they cared more about her record or her race.

The percentage of black people in the south is about double the percentage in the northern and western states. Many haven't voted in the past because they haven't been engaged by the political process or most politicians. If they could support a black candidate for the highest office in the country, I think many more would vote.

On the other hand, the Republicans don't need to attract black voters in the south...they already have most of the white voters in their pockets.

I don't think that the Republicans will run Condi. They could have easily run Colin Powell and won (Southerners generally respect the military, so I think that would balance the race card there). Of course, Powell didn't toe the Bush line, and they cut him out of the loop, so he left.

The Republicans ran a "Southern" white man in 2000 and 2004 and won. The Democrats should crib their methods if they want to win in 2008.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:15 pm

You honestly think a black woman would be able to get votes from southern whites?

That's exactly what the left said when JC Watts ran as a black republican.

He WON that race!

You fall into that trap that ALL republicans are racist -- a foolish notion at best.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:59 am
Profile WWW

Southern whites are very used to our racist northern attitudes. & My guess is even a "racist southerner" would vote for Condi over Hillary.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:08 pm

Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

Oprah should run. She's have the whole counrty reading books and exercising every morning.

"Everybody look under your ballot. It's a $500 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble!"

Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:34 am

I would LOVE to see the next election be between Hillary Clinton and John McCain. That would be a death match royale of epic proportions!

Hillary would get her ass kicked by him, but it would be a fun election to watch.

~Ether~

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:50 pm
Profile WWW

That man needs to pull a Perot, run as an independent and die (politically).

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:08 pm

McCain is one of the only people in the Republican party with any integrity.

So naturally, they hate him.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:12 pm

him.

He's the last best hope for the Dems.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:50 am

Post Re:
2fisted wrote:
GodCoversHisEyes wrote:
him.

He's the last best hope for the Dems.

Whoa, I called this one in 05. Some great gems in this thread!

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:10 pm

zom-zom wrote:
None of those clowns would make a decent president any more than your beloved idiot Bush. Unfortunately, with the last two elections we've seen how stupid the majority of Americans are. Next president will probably be a king.

Wow! I found a gem from zom that came true!

But, It turns out Palin was right also. :/

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ld-you-so/
Quote:
"After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next," she said in Reno, Nevada on October 21, 2008.

Yup, we have a king of food stamps, cell phones, diversity, turds & lies I guess.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Post Re:
devil wrote:
Hilary wouldn't stand a chance of winning. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I don't believe it's even feasible for her to run. The same goes for Condi. She wouldn't win in a hundred years.

Face it, Rudy Giuliani will be your next President. I can almost guarantee it.

Ahhh... can't help but enjoy how dumb this post by devil looks.

~€ᵀᴴᴲᴿ~

commercial graphic artist, singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist

BACK ALLEY: https://www.facebook.com/backalleysocial
CRUSH COLLECTIVE: http://www.facebook.com/crushmydesign

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

zom-zom wrote:

Wow! Zom got one right! lol

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]